Your opinion please

Mr MacPhisto

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You will get as many suggestions on frames as there are manufacturers.

Which brands do you like?

Secondly, are you a climber, TT/breakaway rider or a sprinter?

My experience is that you always "fancy" a brand or color. To pay R35k and buy something else is a mistake.

Its so much more fun and nice to buy what you like.

Lets take the Trek Mandone's. brilliant bikes, but I just cannot see myself on a TREK, , So why go buy it.

I think you need to put down your favourite brands, what you like, the frome shape etc. Then you will eventually buy the right thing.

Any R35k bike will be good enough for us, we are not goin to make a living out of racing, so buy what you like and that will motivate you to ride it more than as usual.

I'm riding the Bianchi c2c, and a lot of guys love it and a lot dont, but hey, its my bike and I love it.

(check it out,the one with the eastons)

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=2078&PN=14

and yes, pinarello is my dream, but just to costly.popeye2007-10-03 01:38:57

Produx - full carbon fibre built to your specs and then you buy top of the range group set , wheel set and ask them to fit it for you with carbon fibre handlebars, bottle cage, seat and seat post.  

I have looked at the specialized

But at this point in time am getting a pretty good price on the Giant ISP Frame...

But that is a consideration

Mmmmmm...leave the Specialized LOLWink......let me just remind you that a GIANT ISP is a good option....look at this one for example!!!Big%20smile

20071003_015857_GIANT_TCR_TEAM.jpg

Yip thats the one I am pretty much settled on Smile

Like I said, I just wanted to know from this thread if there was anything that I had missed while looking around numerous bike shops, and from the responses I dont think there is anything that I really missed out on.

I guess in that price range it comes down to personal preferance.

Some of the suggestions were also in the 40 -45k range, which is too much for me

Daai Pinarello dink ek is bo aan meeste van ons se vuurplek....ek mag verkeerd wees maar het gehoor daai fiets is hier by die R85 000?Ouch

Maar moet saamstem....donner hy is mooi!

Maar moet saamstem....donner hy is mooi!

Dit is 'n SY, tensy jy fir die ander span bat. Enige iets wat jy ry, is die teenoorgestelde geslag as wat jy is.

Mampara2007-10-03 02:32:58

odion, we all agree on that, if he had a open cheque book, but reallity just kicked in again.

HE only got R35,000..... smiley25.gif popeye2007-10-03 02:38:33