Raleigh bashing

Pot Hole

I've noticed a trend....people don't seem to do it anymore.

*Is it because they are no longer between the legs of the yellow team?

*Is it because the bikes have improved?

*is it because the general public are adjusting to this new sport of Nomad bashing (we can see it's still just a rally bike)?

To be honest I do miss their owners proudly supporting their junkbikes to the end. It seems like they have all bought p@#rb@nds and believe in those working too.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud of our Raleigh T6000 Tandem. Just wish it was here with us in Nigeria.

Most of the Raleigh bashers are "suurtiet" because they paid for a name and paid much much more for that name than somebody with a Raleigh who has a better quality bike than they have.

Edited by Big H

Perhaps due to the present economic climate a lot of the basher can only afford Raleigh now....hence the silence.... :devil:

Perhaps due to the present economic climate a lot of the basher can only afford Raleigh now....hence the silence.... :devil:

that does make sense, kinda like people only going to woollies once a month and picknpay the rest of the time.

however when times are tough i don't think people buy bikes at all, they just keep riding what they got.

I still would not buy another Raleigh. Ones you have seen the light there is no going back. ;)

Glad I have the Powertap test data from back to back testing to prove it. :)

I've noticed a trend....people don't seem to do it anymore.

*Is it because they are no longer between the legs of the yellow team?

*Is it because the bikes have improved?

*is it because the general public are adjusting to this new sport of Nomad bashing (we can see it's still just a rally bike)?

To be honest I do miss their owners proudly supporting their junkbikes to the end. It seems like they have all bought p@#rb@nds and believe in those working too.

Big H, in Nigeria a Raleigh would be considered a Top Brand! :)

My iron horse is a Raleigh Team - black & red. :thumbup:

Dependable. Stabile. Strong.

Still dream of a Cannondale Super Six as the ultimate purchase. :drool:

I've noticed a trend....people don't seem to do it anymore.*Is it because they are no longer between the legs of the yellow team?*Is it because the bikes have improved?*is it because the general public are adjusting to this new sport of Nomad bashing (we can see it's still just a rally bike)?To be honest I do miss their owners proudly supporting their junkbikes to the end. It seems like they have all bought p@#rb@nds and believe in those working too.

3-4yrs ago Raleigh made a huge push to get into the market in a big way. They werent "junkbikes" they were high-spec bikes sold cheap. Bike shops broke them down for the spares & the frames were then for free.

Ultegra throughout for R7k was a helluva deal.

Anyway, they put their prices up in line with others so there's a lot less being sold & so less activity on the Hub.

I had an RC7000 for a couple of years and now have the components on a Da Rosa frame - marvellous.

But dont say "Junkbikes" about people's machines it makes you sound like a dick.

I still have my Raleigh mountain bike from around 1995/1996. Frame is perfect and that bike was my toy as well as my transport to work and the club(pub!) back then. At the end of the day how much perfomance comes from the frame, components or the 'engine'?!

Na, not me, man... :blink:

AND that is good to know!

The black.and red team bike was brought in a year early as a warranty frame for the cracking frames of 07. Airbender you will not crack that frame unless you crash it. Had mine for 2 years and not a dot of a problem.

3-4yrs ago Raleigh made a huge push to get into the market in a big way. They werent "junkbikes" they were high-spec bikes sold cheap. Bike shops broke them down for the spares & the frames were then for free.

Ultegra throughout for R7k was a helluva deal.

Anyway, they put their prices up in line with others so there's a lot less being sold & so less activity on the Hub.

I had an RC7000 for a couple of years and now have the components on a Da Rosa frame - marvellous.

But dont say "Junkbikes" about people's machines it makes you sound like a dick.

I think the junkbikes comes from the hypermarket bike reference that just ,akes the brand look dumb.

ja, i remember guys stripping overspecced raleigh models for the kit. was a good move

I still would not buy another Raleigh. Ones you have seen the light there is no going back. ;)

Glad I have the Powertap test data from back to back testing to prove it. :)

What bike do you have?