which wheelset?

blockrocker

Hi Hubbers

I'm riding an Anthem X1 at the moment which came with Mavic XM819 rims and DT Swiss hubs. I'm looking to upgrade my wheels at the end of the year and have been looking at the American Classic 26' Wheelset but through my research have discovered that they may not be suitable for heavier riders ( I weigh 96kg's)? ... I have a budget of around R4000. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Hubbers

I'm riding an Anthem X1 at the moment which came with Mavic XM819 rims and DT Swiss hubs. I'm looking to upgrade my wheels at the end of the year and have been looking at the American Classic 26' Wheelset but through my research have discovered that they may not be suitable for heavier riders ( I weigh 96kg's)? ... I have a budget of around R4000. Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I ride the full XT wheelset. I am 82kg. A mate of mine rides the same wheelset and he is the same weight as u. Both of us have had no major issues with this wheelset. It is full UST and robust. You can get it from CWC for R2999.00 last time I checked.

Edited by DMD 1

I ride the full XT wheelset. I am 82kg. A mate of mine rides the same wheelset and he is the same weight as u. Both of us have had no major issues with this wheelset. It is full UST and robust. You can get it from CWC for R2999.00 last time I checked.

and if you need to replace spokes they are R90 a pop, and very few people want to service the bearings... some food for thought :huh:

I can do a set of Gipiemme Kenya CX 26er Tubeless for you at R3900 including Gipiemme Wheelbags and Skewers :) 12 month warranty included :clap:

Monark got a set of these and saved over 800g from his previous set of wheels and he loves them :D

The rider weight limit on the is 115kg so they are plenty strong enough for you :)

Thay are also "real" tubeless rims :) the actual rim is solid and not converted to become tubeless :) simply slip on a set of tyres and you are good to go :clap:

I would say first choice ZTR 355 with A2Z hubs and DT Swiss comp spokes.

Get a wheelbuilder to custom build.Where you based?

If you do not want custom build XT is definitly the best option in that price range.

I am about to do a review on the Kenyas, just getting some more miles under the belt with them.

My bike dropped from being 13kg to just over 12kg.

The improvement is massive. I ride an Anthem X2.

ZTR's, don't look further. I had Mavic Crossmax rims and moved to ZTR Olympics, unbelievable difference in all departments. You can pick up some from Chunky Monkey for R3250-ish at present, look him up on the hubbers members list.

Had 26"AC on my Anthem X2. 95 kg. Managed everything a clumsy roadie can throw at them, lots of Groenkloof, Magalies Monster, ... loved them, no problem whatsoever.

Hi Hubbers

What's wrong with what you have?

How old are they?

How old are they?

Gummibear,it is a disease for which there is no cure. It is a horrendous addiction. Before you know it you have 4 bikes,3 spare sets of wheels and spares to fill two bike shops and still you want more!!!! Money falls out your wallet with consumate ease. But jeepers I love it!!!!

Hope Pro2's on ZTR Olympic / Crest / 355 / Alpine rims - you choose! Strong light fast. From CRC. Do it

+1!!!

Got the 355 on Hope pro 2's laced together wiff DT Swiss Revolution Spokes & brass nipples incl. Hope skewers from CWC for 'bout R5k. I weigh about 87kays

American Classics carry me, check the profile photo. No jokes aside, I have a friend who weighs 110kg and rides 26" AC'S no problems. They are actually really tough.

nice one dudes, thanks for all the feedback. I'm now left with more questions than answers!

definitely gonna investigate the ZTR's further...seems a really popular choice.

thanks again.

How old are they?

Hey Gummi

nothing wrong with 'em, the setup has served me really well, however after almost two years i'd like to pimp (and lighten) my ride a little bit...