Swift01

Definition of the words "Brand New"  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Definition of the words "Brand New" when you buy something on the Hub

• Does it mean Brand New, never been used still in the box
    • Does it mean Brand New, came off a brand new bike BUT never been used
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it for 5km
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it for 100km
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it scratched it, worn the one part out but it's ok to sell it as Brand New?

Hi,

I would like to find out what the Definition of the words "Brand New" when you buy something on the Hub.

Does it mean Brand New, never been used still in the box

Does it mean Brand New, came off a brand new bike BUT never been used

Does it mean Brand New, I have used it for 5km

Does it mean Brand New, I have used it for 100km

Does it mean Brand New, I have used it scratched it, worn the one part out but it's ok to sell it as Brand New?

Just putting it out there on what hubbers would like the definition of the words "Brand New" mean to them :unsure:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest agteros

This shoud have been a poll :D

For me it will be either one of the first two. Difficult to proof unused if taken out of packaging though, so would prefer 1st if 'brand new'

Brand new = never used in box

New but never used = out of box, possibly stripped of a bike but never used

An alternative wording... "As New" - meaning I have ridden the **** out of it, but shined it up nicely to make it look nice in pictures biggrin.gif

@dirt-rider so even if you get a part that you have to throw away because it is actually worn out you would still think it's Brand New in your eyes. Interesting to say the least.

@Cycho The words "As New" would have explained half of the package the other half should have been totally F****** :(

So am I reading this right?

Swift01 bought something from dirt-rider, which was described as "Brand New" but was in fact used, possibly beyond usefulness.

That is seriously not cool :thumbdown:

So am I reading this right?

Swift01 bought something from dirt-rider, which was described as "Brand New" but was in fact used, possibly beyond usefulness.

That is seriously not cool :thumbdown:

nah I think rider is just yanking swift's chain, which lost his sense of humour because of a "package"

Hi,

No I didn't buy anything from Dirt_rider, I was just commenting on his thoughts. :thumbup:

I did however buy something from a hubber that is definately not brand new in my mind and one part I will have to throw out. (Quite an importtant part might I add that I would have to replace at a fair cost). Hence the reason for the poll. :thumbdown:

I am interested to see what people think the words mean.

And then you may know that if I have used something to the point where I don't wanna use it anymore I normally GIVE it away . But I give it away as a brand new item !! I mean you did not have the item before I gave it to you so it is brand new !!!?

@dirt-rider Nest time I need some slicks for my MTB bike I will contact you, I am sure you will have a set of Brand New MTB tires for me :D