A sobering reminder...

Truly the best vid I have seen of this kind, as a reminder of road safety.

Remember to drive carefully, and considerately. Remember to always take into consideration your surroundings and to assess the road at all times... Especially in these festive times.

Very, very hard hitting. No pun intended, nor should one be drawn from the words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC2SBX2nnUw

Uhm, why doesn't the pedestrians look before they cross the road? But apart from that, speeding in a busy area with parkings , pedestrians is just wrong.

Erm, maybe they do? And it's just that the idjits happen to be far away at initial time of crossing, traffic light is red etc and the assumption is that the car will stop as per normal... Are you going to wait for every car to stop before you cross the road at an intersection controlled by traffic lights?

Erm, maybe they do? And it's just that the idjits happen to be far away at initial time of crossing, traffic light is red etc and the assumption is that the car will stop as per normal... Are you going to wait for every car to stop before you cross the road at an intersection controlled by traffic lights?

I do because I have seen loads of taxi's jump red lights. Even when driving, I check traffic from both directions before pulling off. Obviously if they are 50+ meters from the stop zone I go, but if they are closer, I'd rather wait and know that they are going to stop. Who knows if they have any mechanical failure and cannot stop....

I do because I have seen loads of taxi's jump red lights. Even when driving, I check traffic from both directions before pulling off. Obviously if they are 50+ meters from the stop zone I go, but if they are closer, I'd rather wait and know that they are going to stop. Who knows if they have any mechanical failure and cannot stop....

I am with you on this one!

who knows what brand of brake shoes those taxis have, Pro-Nutro, Kellogs, Jungle Oats or Maltabella?

This is what I do at work. Not the crashing part, but the cutting out and the patching up, and the picking up of the pieces part. Heavy stuff. Any driver who is aggressive, in our case towards cyclists, should be shown this short clip and then asked if perhaps they can alter their behavior from self centered to accommodating? Or would they prefer the other ending; the one where the rider lays in a pool of blood, dying, leaving loved one's behind in pain and confusion and fear, while the driver sinks deeper and deeper into a state of catatonic shock, not even beginning to comprehend the outcome of their bad driving decision/

The vid is a fine reminder to employ "defensive driving techniques".

Just because there are laws in place doesn't mean you'll never have an accident. Expect other people to be complete muppets on the road and you will be a safer driver.

I find some of the stages videos a bit morose and some of the footage is obviously people running from the cops but the overall message is clear - predicting other driver's bad habits will make you a safer driver.

Take it easy out there this festive season people.

who knows what brand of brake shoes those taxis have, Pro-Nutro, Kellogs, Jungle Oats or Maltabella?

They all have brakes....lunch breaks, tea breaks....

The way people speed in residential areas really boggles the mind. Was out running yesterday morning in my neighbourhood, and a dude in a Merc came past me doing about 120km/h. This morning, coming back from a cycle a Ford Focus ST screamed past me also going about a 100. Granted, it is early morning and all, but still...

The way people speed in residential areas really boggles the mind. Was out running yesterday morning in my neighbourhood, and a dude in a Merc came past me doing about 120km/h. This morning, coming back from a cycle a Ford Focus ST screamed past me also going about a 100. Granted, it is early morning and all, but still...

Sadly some people just never engage brain before enterring car...

My favourite is the parking revver/speeder - I know - let's rev the *** out of our engine and speed where man, woman and child are walking randomly - people will think I'm cool?!

Have the same problems in my area when running. Add to this jumping of stopsigns. Its like they don't exists. Or dislexia is a very big problem in this country, bigger than AIDS, Mlaria, obecity, cancer all together. :(

Vid gives a reality check!

Why is it always the innocents that get the short end of the stick?

Seems that certain makes and models of car cause the drivers to believe they can not / will not die if involved in an accidentangry.gif!

Have the same problems in my area when running. Add to this jumping of stopsigns. Its like they don't exists. Or dislexia is a very big problem in this country, bigger than AIDS, Mlaria, obecity, cancer all together. :(

Caught the back-end of a conversation on 5FM this morning,40mil was spent on some African Youth Conference and the main issue discussed was 'imperialism', like thats whats troubling us...