Bib Shorts VS Normal cycling shorts

capeofstorms

Hi,

I'm thinking of making a transition to bib shorts as I have been feeling very uncomfortable on the bike latlely. Never worn one before.

My question is directed at those who have worn both. Does it make a difference? If one were to wear a bib shorts today and a normal cycling shorts the next day, can one FEEL the difference?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for having them not "ride" down it's a bonus…

I will only use bibs if I'm not wearing baggies. Look for something with straps that won't scrape you nipples off.

I have recently made the move and don't know why it took so long, more comfortable, the pad does stay in place better - especially good on the mtb after steep technical descents - no catching on the back of the saddle when I move forward

I personally like bibs more as they cover my nipples I tend to get nipple rash from normal cycling jerseys scarfing me so the bibs cover my nipples and it keeps me from chafing.

I like the bibs because there is now string that cuts into your middle. But some say that the braces of the bibs cut into their shoulders. Good bibs have nice wide braces. I also always wear an undershirt so that the braces can slide back and forth over my shoulders. When you go and fit bibs, make sure the braces fits over your shoulders aswell and don't just fit the pants part.

No question, man.

I've used both.

Bibshorts.

It has to feel like you're being 'pulled down' in standing position - with fitting on.

So, it also supports your race / riding position.

Good luck with your decision. :)

Not answwring your question, so this is a real dusch post, but I'm waiting for someone so have nothing better to do...

I'm not much of a tight pant guy, but the best I've had so far are the first ascent cycling baggy pant. They're also strong, so there's no more unecessary ass showing after you moer off your mtb in a rock garden

My wife and I were on a cycling shop and I told he just to try on one of these bibs.

She walked out with a R2300 pair of bib shorts vowing never to ride in shorts again.

The end.

Very important......More $$$ does not necessarily mean better bibs....

Try out a few.

My ass was NOT impressed with Nalini or Assos. Cheap n nasty works for me.

So first try out a 'cheapy' before you go fork out R2k+ for a set of name brand bibs.... <_<

I have tried both but bib shorts come out tops- no more sliding down my backside at the back ! Make sure of the correct make and size though,if not,they can be rather tight in the "groin" area and cause major discomfort.

I enjoy Giodano the best.Assos are very good but expensive.

No question, man.

I've used both.

Bibshorts.

It has to feel like you're being 'pulled down' in standing position - with fitting on.

So, it also supports your race / riding position.

Good luck with your decision. :)

And your balls?