Saddle sores help

Andre 77

Hi Guys and Girls

I have 2 saddle sores and it :nuke: is what is the do’s and don’ts and is there anything I can put on them and for how long should I stop riding.

Regards

Andre

Bactroban works great. Go to your local pharmacy, they'll be able to tell you how bad it is. And give you the necessary potion.

If it feels like your sitting on a shark that keeps on gnawing at your delicates, then don't ride. I've never needed more than a week.

Always wear clean shorts. This non-negotiable. You don't want to grow mushrooms in your pants on a ride.

Use a shammy cream. There is a thread about this.

After a ride get out of the pants immediately.

If your delicates are getting tender, wear a boxer, stay away from tight fitting undies.

I have a lekker Adi running short that I wear after rides, it has a built in undie so the ventilation is good.

Good luck.

damn, feel your pain :thumbdown:. WIsh there was a cure-all for them, but, not for me I suppose. I use a good lube, and after my ride, bactroban EVERY ride. Rather keep them from flaring, even though they are still tender.

Good luck :unsure:

Mix bactroban and fissans (yeah, the baby bum stuff!) and apply. Takes it away in a flash esp. if it's still newly-formed.

I struggled with that for 2 years.

The answer :

ASSOS chamois cream ( no other brands works )

VAYA Smooth ( i think it is pimple stuff - got it in the argus race pack)

The vaya smooth burns like hell, but dries it out in a day.

good luck

I struggled with that for 2 years.

The answer :

ASSOS chamois cream ( no other brands works )

VAYA Smooth ( i think it is pimple stuff - got it in the argus race pack)

The vaya smooth burns like hell, but dries it out in a day.

good luck

Does the Vaya Work?? I have about 20 sample packs from the Argus as well :P

Something else that helps if you end up with a sore just where your body meets the saddle... While you are trying to cure /dry up the offending sore ALSO try and move your saddle slightly, either slightly (slightly as in a ball hair amount) left or right.

A slightly different saddle position helps to move pressure away from the tender spot.

Dry them out as soon as you can. Stay away from creams and ointments, they just leave them soft and what you want is for the skin to grow back tougher.

Once they have dried out and healed up without any other treatment you should be good to go with a tougher butt.

The best thing is to avoid them:

- wear clean shorts;

- use shammy cream;

- wash and disinfect after a long ride or when tender.

If I get them:

- keep clean (wash);

- swab with dettol;

- put on germolene.

It very much appears to me that the topic revolves around hygiene...

Don't know too much, but done a few Epics and got SS on the first one and during training for it.

Use cream on rides to prevent and use decent pant to prevent.

Otherwise lance them and disinfect, but you can still ride, they go numb after the 1st hr.