Xterra Buffelspoort

Grondpad

@T-girl

I think your brother may be on to something :-)

Time to look around and see what works. thnx for the advice......

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know whether I should enter or not, seeing that its a week after 70.3.

edit: I'm a sucker for punishement. Just entered the Full.

Edited by Thug

Mini hi-jack

For the guys that are in the know, I dont have a tri-suite....do i need one? they are not exactly cheap

And if not, what would be a good second option?

And no, I am not wearing my red speedo ala baywatch

Jy sal nie !!!!??!?!?!?!??!?:huh:

Edited by CharlV

On the swimming subject, does anyone know of a dam close to PTA where we one can train. Swimming in the pool is just not the same and I really need the training!

Grondpad, what about roodeplaat dam? thats in pretoria and is clean! the energade and sasolcross always have a race there

Jy sal nie !!!!??!?!?!?!??!?:huh:

If this oke can do it, so can I.....but in red :unsure:

Seriously what was he thinking

post-9825-0-46519300-1294291630.jpg

Geez!!!!! Rouxtjie are you part of the weight loss group we started yesterday? ,because if you are man , I dont think you going to be that hot in red.:lol: :lol: Die Gemaskerde Sopbeen :ph34r:

Maybe he wanted to get rid of the cycle-tan?

:unsure:

Maybe he wanted to get rid of the cycle-tan?

:unsure:

There is just so much wrong with this picture ! dry.gif what scares me more is his face was removed ,maybe his a local Adonis!:P

There is just so much wrong with this picture ! dry.gif what scares me more is his face was removed ,maybe his a local Adonis!:P

hehehhe no it was me, I am scared someone knows him on this forum or even worse...he is on this forum and well that would just be embarrassing for him.

If you go to the Xterra site and browse last years pics, you will come across him....he even has a blue steel look in his face :D

I am going with the theory that he was hoping the ladies would buy him beers after the race.

Pity I only see the Orca specials now - ordered this amongst other bits, hoping I don't get hit with moerse duties and that it gets here in timepost-5905-0-32326700-1294348591.jpgpost-5905-0-53820100-1294348613.jpg

Doing the light - thinking about 45min run, 45min bike and 15min swim, so 1h45 seems doable with transitions ? :huh:

1h30 if Eat some spanish beef and wear a PB band :lol:

Picked up some locklaces for my shoes so a quicker transition there.

Regarding bike spares - whats the options ? Dont use a pack so saddlebag ? Bottle with spares ? DOnt wana waste time stuffing things in my pockets.

Hows the waterpoints on course ? - dont wana overdo the nutrition I carry.

I also have a racenumber belt and ankle chip holder, how does their timing work ?

Thanks,

WW.

Hi guys

How technical is the 20km MTB this coming weekend. I have entered for the IM 70.3 and do not want to fall and break something.....

Garfield xterra is always damn tough!! be assured that it will be technical and the run will be very tough too

The run is not my problem. I am a good road cyclist and a recreational MTB'er...

So you would then rather suggest that I skip this one..... How technical is technical? Is the swim wetsuit legal?

Garfield ironman 70.3 is the 23 Jan this race is the 29th so you dont have to worry about having a laydown :lol: its difficult to say how technical a route is becasue it depends on what you see as technical! what i think is technical might be a walk in the park for you but im sure you wont need a downhill bike to finish the route :lol: