cwcycles

no calves

Agree with a lot of the comments above. CWC is sometimes a bit "steeper" in pricing (if you go into the shop itself), but do yourself a favour, get the know the guys, go in more than once every 6 months and I can guarantee you, they will bend over backwards to help you out. BRILLIANT shop, BRILLIANT service, BRILLIANT staff :clap:

Yes, once had to deal with some bigish man there, think he is the mechanic, gives no discount at all which was sucky as I been supporting them for a long time....Evert is very helpfull and always gives some saving, and online shop Chris and Christof both awesome!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought Çontinental tubby cement 25g tube for R50 at Cyclelab (generally not the cheapest place!), so R120 sounds like there must be something wrong with the price?

Yes, once had to deal with some bigish man there, think he is the mechanic, gives no discount at all which was sucky as I been supporting them for a long time....Evert is very helpfull and always gives some saving, and online shop Chris and Christof both awesome!

I always go there and ask for my special person.

Or call ahead.

Relationships matter. :)

I always go there and ask for my special person.

Or call ahead.

Relationships matter. :)

Yep, Evert wasnt there....but always talk to him, happened once tho

bottom line is shop around - I have recieved good service from a number of stores but I always do some research...it may sound bad but u need to shop around and play off each vendor to get the best deal - for the record I bought some stuff yesterday from CWC yesterday and have already recieved my goods - so no complaints from this side (and Im based in jhb)

I ride a Felt Virtue 1, which I bought from Sterling AKA Revolution cycles. Always had a smile and a deal. :thumbup:

I have also had the fortune of dealing with CWC "online", and there too I am a very happy chap!

NOW I go back a few years, when Willie was still around. On one occasion I needed something Willie didn't have....HOLLY CRAP!!!

I swore I'd NEVER go back to Chris snr.

And to this day I never have.

It's ALL in the details.

Call him, sort it, and use CWC online, or Sterling.

:P

Must say I must be the idiot that always gets the short end of the stick....

After all.....almost everyone here got good serves from CWC. <_< <_<

Well.....the few times I tried to buy something from them all played out bad.

Wanted Super Record grouppo back in Oct/Nov....still no answer. Bought from TotalC.

This was my request last week:

•Front deraillieur - Braze on - Super Record 2011 with the red logo

•Chorus Chain 11 speed

•Campagnolo 11sp chain tool

This was my answer:

Hi

I can do the Chorus 11sp chain for R 390

chain tool out of stock

If you are interested, please mail me on chrisj@cwcycles.co.za

So the guy that quoted me did not have stock on the one item, was R80 (25%) more expensive on the chain and totaly ignored my request on the FD.

My shipment from TotalCycling should, DV, be here next week. :thumbup:

Look at there website and you will see they have two different continental glues!!!! A cheap 1 for R50 and then the black tube for carbon that is R120. Maybe you compared it to the wrong glue,bud. CWC must be the best shop with the greatest guys around. Tell them Mr. Raymondc!!

Went yesterday to buy carbon rim cement from cwcycles. They charged me R120 for a 25g tube. At the time it seemed a bit steap but needing it I bought it. Today while it revolution cycles i asked if the pricing was in order. The answer: they charged mo more than double of wat rev. Cycles charge(R55). Not sure wat to make of it. Was is a fault on there side(wich they deny)? Or is rev. Cycles just cheap

Sorry, i would like to apologize for the mistake, we made a mistake with our pricing, and actually charged you for the 250ml tub, and not the tube.

I'll be more than happy to refund you the difference.

Come fetch a freebi while u at it

Went yesterday to buy carbon rim cement from cwcycles. They charged me R120 for a 25g tube. At the time it seemed a bit steap but needing it I bought it. Today while it revolution cycles i asked if the pricing was in order. The answer: they charged mo more than double of wat rev. Cycles charge(R55). Not sure wat to make of it. Was is a fault on there side(wich they deny)? Or is rev. Cycles just cheap

Sorry, i would like to apologize for the mistake, we made a mistake with our pricing, and actually charged you for the 250ml tub, and not the tube.

I'll be more than happy to refund you the difference.

Come fetch a freebi while u at it

First purchase from them went 100%. :thumbup:

Second one, not looking so good. What was ordered and what was recieved was not the same...Sent the wrong item back. Cost me money to do that. Waiting to find out if I will be refunded for their mistake...And also waiting for a raply on IF I can have what they advertised... :thumbdown: The courier service was good though! :thumbup:

So that is 1 up and 1 down for CWC. And 1 up for the courier.

In the meantime while I wait for some answers, I wll be in my garage playing with some stuff. :clap:

You know you have a good relationship when you get a discount on your already discounted price :) I be loving CWC.

First purchase from them went 100%. :thumbup:

Second one, not looking so good. What was ordered and what was recieved was not the same...Sent the wrong item back. Cost me money to do that. Waiting to find out if I will be refunded for their mistake...And also waiting for a raply on IF I can have what they advertised... :thumbdown: The courier service was good though! :thumbup:

So that is 1 up and 1 down for CWC. And 1 up for the courier.

In the meantime while I wait for some answers, I wll be in my garage playing with some stuff. :clap:

MJ if you placed that order when they had the "what would you like specials on" here on the hub I can't blame them it was insane if you walked into the back there. :) And like everyone previously said just give Junior a call he will be more than happy to sort you out.

firstly i didnt rant. I am more than happy with there service and evert and the guys go out of their way to get to know the customers. Bought via the online shop but in the shop itself(hope it makes sense). it is human to make a mistake but it was just very odd to get charged more than double. CWCYCLES will come in and collect my freebie and sort out the glue. :clap:

NOW ain't that service gentlemen??????? :thumbup:

Edited by no calves