UPDATE: Does anyone know Preston Luke Scott from KZN

chris c

Has Preston LUke Scott changed his name to XXX?????????

anyway i thought i would confirm that the "monies" still hasnt made it into my account.

i officially have been scammed for the first time in my life after lots and lots of good deals on the hub and numerous other online purchases....:thumbdown:

so to those guys trying to track "mr pusston" i'm happy to split the money owed.

cheers

goose

If you sent something you have his PO Box or addie which should help in tracking him down????

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Goose, what wheels did you send him without payment?

I think you all been Punk'd...hehe...put some humour into this....the guy is a knob tho for doing this and he knows he is going to get a big whipping!

Seems like he sold items, he never paid for.....genius he made a killing here

Like they say in the classics....die wiel draai pappie

ok so after 3 odd yrs and lots of sales and purchases am i about to donate R 1750.00 to the "Preston Luke Scott" fund.............

hes had a set of wheels of mine from the 27th of Dec and i actually spoke to him this morning and he promised he was going to depost within the next hour???

However after logging onto the hub and reading the posts above i dont think i'm going to be that lucky now, am i ??:thumbdown:

Anyway the hub is still a great place and i know that 99.9% of the hubbers out there are truly genuine and luckily 1 or 2 bad apples dont make for a bad harvest.

chris give me a call on 0826282461 and we can chat.

Preston,

you sounded like a good guy so dont be silly trying to rip guys off. do the right thing mate and pay those you owe as life is a big wheel that turns slowly and it will come back and bite you on the ass...............

cheers

goose

Amazing......cannot believe how brazen this oke is

Bad luck Goose

I was going to buy your wheels then saw you had sold them :(

Hope you get your munny

Just a thought guys - there's a very good chance that XXX is still online using another alias and watching this thread with great interest.

Admin - in the interests of preventing future fraud, is there any sort of policy about blocking IP addresses for confirmed fraudsters? I know it's not a foolproof solution, but it's another step towards preventing fraud from Kippy sitting in at home in his parents garage trying to con hubbers out of some hard earned cash.

Agent I'll bring the unleaded,,the other lead we'll use to cap his ass.. lets go bro .. how soon can you be in Durb's..biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I don't mean to startle you Gents, but if he is such a good scammer, how the hell do you know for sure he is in DURBS?

(just a DURBS boy getting naffed off at all the bad press we are getting here! :thumbdown: )

That said, you upcountry folks are always welcome :)

If you guys go in to catch him and moer him, please take a video camera and record the entire thing. Post it up for us and potential scammers to see!

Goose - Out of curiosity - how did he convince you to send the wheels without payment? He must be quite a smooth talker.

i never met the chap but had sold 2 x other components that he paid for no problem and when he enquired about the wheels no alarms bells went off. he did however want to see the wheels before paying and because i was flying to plett on the 23rd from DBN i offered to leave them with my "old man" who stays in Athlone park .

He picked them up together with a stem and bar on the 27th, and proceeded to tell my dad that he had spoken to me and all was ok if he did an eft when he got home. My dad did try to call me but i had lost my phone in the Knysna lagoon and the rest well is now history.

My "old man " said he seemed a nice guy and did however take down his reg which he is looking for.

the only other info i have is that he drives a very old ,full of rust beetle and doesnt work at the water place as posted ealier.....:thumbdown:

If you sent something you have his PO Box or addie which should help in tracking him down????

as mentioned ealier he picked the stuff up from my "old man" in Athlone park and bullshiited my balie that he had spoken to me and all was ok for the eft when he got home.

i never send goods off without the money being paid into my account and all those that have bought from me know that i have a money back policy if its not as i have posted.

im assuming that all the people that got scammed paid for the same set of wheels and groupset? this really sucks guys sorry to hear about this!! one good thing is if there is a result in terms of catching this chap and maybe he gets locked up, that alone should serve as a deterant for future scammers! put this thread up as a sticky in the classified section so scammers can see how the hubbers stick up for each other and help out wherever possible to catch people like this

i agree. come on Admin.

How exactly is this admin's responsibility?

The hub is a forum for cyclists to share info, talk ***, fight and banter - it is not a sales portal, one stop cycle spares shop or online buyer/seller introduction service.

It's not even as advanced in terms of sales as Junkmail or Gumtree (neither of which have a rating system or identification process).

All it does is offer people a place to post things - not getting scammed or taken is YOUR and only YOUR responsibility.

My "old man " said he seemed a nice guy and did however take down his reg which he is looking for.

the only other info i have is that he drives a very old ,full of rust beetle and doesnt work at the water place as posted ealier.....:thumbdown:

Hope that reg no gets you guys somewhere.Big up to your old man :clap:

I have on my Profile page, a list of items I have sold and the buyers for reference purposes, if you do not trust me, feel free to contact the persons I have sold to before..... That should give some sort of confidence to the buyer buying items from me....

Think all hubbers should have something like this just for reference purposes..... :thumbup:

Good idea there

BTW

Your frame made it safely back to Bots with me.

Unfortunately Dusan is out of the country till 18th

Nice dealing with you

How exactly is this admin's responsibility?

The hub is a forum for cyclists to share info, talk ***, fight and banter - it is not a sales portal, one stop cycle spares shop or online buyer/seller introduction service.

It's not even as advanced in terms of sales as Junkmail or Gumtree (neither of which have a rating system or identification process).

All it does is offer people a place to post things - not getting scammed or taken is YOUR and only YOUR responsibility.

Well is sure seems to have become one, so with this in mind and to move with whats going on with the hub, it should offer some sort of protection.

Good idea there

BTW

Your frame made it safely back to Bots with me.

Unfortunately Dusan is out of the country till 18th

Nice dealing with you

:clap: Likewise, I can't wait for Dusan to build it and send me a pic.... :thumbup:

Well is sure seems to have become one, so with this in mind and to move with whats going on with the hub, it should offer some sort of protection.

Why? You're not paying anything for the service.

You need to make sure you cover yourself, it's no-one else's responsibility.