[Event] TransBaviaans 2011

EcoBound MTB Events

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question?

How many people had stomach issues after the race, My team, plus some others had running stomachs after the race ( I suspect the soup at Checkpoint 3)

PS: I also think its tougher that the original route!

I had stomach issues (but I always have stomach issues) on the climb up to Checkpoint 3. Nothing that a quick vomit in the bushes couldn't solve. That soup is a life saver, along with the litre of coke I drank. No other issues after that.

Het jy die hele roete gery of was daar darem dele wat jy gestoot het ook??

I just walked that steep section after Checkpoint 3 - 100m.

I've got stomach issues too....can't stop eating!

Saw this before the start...would've made for interesting handling down to CP3.

post-3611-0-71376800-1313405112.jpg

We drove the route - more or less keeping up with the leaders and I can tell you, even the teams that came 2nd and 3rd walked the section just after checkpoint #3 (didn't see the 1st team at this point but I reckon they would have walked it too).

So don't feel bad for having to walk some of it - it was an extremely tough route.

Did you see an orange Tallboy with a very very bright light? They finished 4th overall

Some suggestions from the support vehicle this year:

- bike wash at the finish:

- with the medal, perhaps give riders a small container for them to put their lights, tools, spares etc in. I saw so much equipment being left by riders who were simply too tired to check if they had everything lying around. The lost and found on this race must be something to behold.

- electronic tag system and seperate check in and check out points at the check points for both riders and support crew

- better identification of support vehicles with team numbers clearly visible on the support vehicles to ensure that support vehicles stick to the rules and to ensure that unauthorised vehicles do not enter the check points. (some teams had up to 4 cars at checkpoint 4, resulting in cars having to park for over 1km down the road resulting in teams having to cycle all the way back to their cars, into oncoming traffic to get to their support cars.

- bigger waiting facility at the finish area with sufficient seating and perhaps a bike park

- perhaps add a time board and an indicator of how many teams signed into a particular checkpoint. This would help support crew to know when their teams could be expected at checkpoints / finish.

Nog 'n voorstel is om al die ape wat hulle papiere op die roete rond gegooi het 'n paar klappe te gee.Ek kon nie glo hoe baie papiere en stront rongele het nie.Hoop paar van hulle is gespot en gediskwalifiseer.Wonder wie gaan die 235km roete deurgaan en skoonmaak?

Dit was uiters pateties van sommige mense om so te gemors het :thumbdown:

That the free shirt be the size you order and that a large is not the size of a xxl, otherwise I'll pay for something that will fit properly

- better identification of support vehicles with team numbers clearly visible on the support vehicles to ensure that support vehicles stick to the rules and to ensure that unauthorised vehicles do not enter the check points. (some teams had up to 4 cars at checkpoint 4, resulting in cars having to park for over 1km down the road resulting in teams having to cycle all the way back to their cars, into oncoming traffic to get to their support cars.

NO MORE SUPPORT CARS DURING THE RACE! The 20 teams that have these vehicles make things very difficult for the other 350 teams just so that they can enjoy not having to plan around crates. Stop it, it is just not necessary.

NO MORE SUPPORT CARS DURING THE RACE! The 20 teams that have these vehicles make things very difficult for the other 350 teams just so that they can enjoy not having to plan around crates. Stop it, it is just not necessary.

Agreed! I remembered last year how some team cars stopped every 10km to chat to their riders, take pics etc, only to kick up dust coming past you again. Later on we wanted to start throwing rocks at that Land Cruiser.

That the free shirt be the size you order and that a large is not the size of a xxl, otherwise I'll pay for something that will fit properly

i thought it was just my medium that was made to big. The medium would fit bismarck du plessis, its a pity because its actually not that bad looking and I wouldve liked to wear it. :thumbdown:

We drove the route - more or less keeping up with the leaders and I can tell you, even the teams that came 2nd and 3rd walked the section just after checkpoint #3 (didn't see the 1st team at this point but I reckon they would have walked it too).

So don't feel bad for having to walk some of it - it was an extremely tough route.

the winning team did not even unclip once up the climb out of groot rivier. i have proof

HAHA too true my one team mate reckoned he was going to go home and knock his wife up so at least one member of their family will fit into his race shirt.

and then you order the race kit online. Italian make - ok lets order two sizes up.

Hehe! the XXL race kit (an I normally take a L) ended up being a very snug fit and the L race top I ordered makes me look like a sub A kid on his first day of school.