Helmets

ewep

I want a new helmet, PLEASE!!!  But which one?  Number one, Atmos, MUCH to pricey.  But I am looking at these:  Bell Sweep R, Giro Pneumo, Catlike Whisper (Euskatel) or Specialized Decibel.  Which one would you advise, and WHY?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bell Sweep, apparently made in the same factory as Giro and carries the same warrantees and safety specs.

Well I've got a Sweep and I hardly notice I've got anything on my head. Can def recommend from the actual wearing pt of view but then my head is most likely different to yours. If I think about it the bell sweeps are quite a popular choice around here. Usually a good sign. Don't know much about the others. Try them on see which one feels good and of course if you are a real cyclist you will be most concerned about how fast it makes you look. Apparently. Couldn't believe it when I heard a bunch of boys discussing the colour scheme of their helmets!

BELL SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are flippen nice!!!!!!!!!, got one myself, doesn't even feel like you wearing a helmetsmileys/smiley20.gif

Whatever fits your head best. Found the Giro's to be best for my pip although the Spiuk also fitted well and VERY comfortable.

How about this one?  Catlike Kompact Pro

uploads/ewep/images/2006-07-07_102438_06_catlike_kompactpro_grp.jpg

As said above, whatever fits your head!

I find the Bell's to fit perfectly while Giro's just dont sit nicely on my head. Met 5th Element is also a cool lid but in the end it is personal choice. There is nothing wrong with any of those lids that you mentioned.

Oh ja, the Atmos has already been replaced by a new higher end model so by buying that you would would be sitting with a 'outdated' helmet in 4 months time... hmmm

(Go for the Sweep smileys/smiley2.gif )

Hmmmmm ? Specialized! Unless you have one of those strange shaped heads that needs some other helmet!

EWEP - Summit cycles in Midrand (011-315-8311 Anton) - tell him I sent you (Bennie that is!). Then again that may not help you!

Yes for: Bell Sweep R:  lightweight with many "air -vents", top of the range and affordable price + / - R1000 - most popular

No for : Giro Pneumo: its an "out of date" helmet. Was 2004 top helmet. Still nice but we always want the latest

You decide:Catlike Whisper (Euskatel) : quite pricey +/- R1500

Yes: Specialized Decibel, similar to Bell, same price class too - its up to you to decide what name you want on your head?