Lance 2011 Cape Epic

zuludog

LOL an innocent question asked and we already got a false twitter report, RH and LA doing the epic as a team followed closely by LA and Levi in a team.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought there was a bit helmet-pulling going on. What was the fine again? 50 francs?

Yip - checked on the official results which I still have at home. :)

Penalties - Art 12.1.040 - UCI

29 - Unseemly Behaviour

{Comportement incorrect}

3: Hunter, Robert, Barloworld: RSA19770422 FINE: 50 Fs

On that day they also had two fines for "sheltering behind or falling into the slipstream of a vehicle for some time" and 6 fines for "Failure to respect the instructions of the commissaires". :P

Yip - checked on the official results which I still have at home. :)

Penalties - Art 12.1.040 - UCI

29 - Unseemly Behaviour

{Comportement incorrect}

3: Hunter, Robert, Barloworld: RSA19770422 FINE: 50 Fs

On that day they also had two fines for "sheltering behind or falling into the slipstream of a vehicle for some time" and 6 fines for "Failure to respect the instructions of the commissaires". :P

:lol:

Sounds familiar…

Would be great if Minnaar was riding it too. ;)

I remember hearing a story about Minnaar passing regular Joe mtb'ers on the downhills while manualing for ages through rocky stuff and corners. He is such a class act.

It would be awesome if he did do the event to see how good a team like the Bulls are.

Lance is no clown on a MTB, he killed the field in the Leadville 100miler in 2009,

he should bring Levi with, the only man to go faster than lance in that race.

Epic is a team race, not an individual race. Also with no disrespect to field in Leadville Epic attracts worlds best and they are in form. I would be surprised if he even made the podium

Epic is a team race, not an individual race. Also with no disrespect to field in Leadville Epic attracts worlds best and they are in form. I would be surprised if he even made the podium

What are the conditions at Leadville like? Climbing, how technical etc? With the old Knysna-Somerset West format I'd recon they'd be in with a chance, since the roadies were not at such a disadvantage, in fact they dominated the flat open district roads. These days, HAHA, no chance, they destroy you in 2km of technical rocky, washed out, singletrack climbs. If you are a proper MTBer you make up tons of time in these sections and then just draft the flats..

What are the conditions at Leadville like? Climbing, how technical etc? With the old Knysna-Somerset West format I'd recon they'd be in with a chance, since the roadies were not at such a disadvantage, in fact they dominated the flat open district roads. These days, HAHA, no chance, they destroy you in 2km of technical rocky, washed out, singletrack climbs. If you are a proper MTBer you make up tons of time in these sections and then just draft the flats..

Leadville is said to be relatively untechincal - mostly fire roads, etc - but part of the difficulty is the altitude at which it's held.

These days, HAHA, no chance, they destroy you in 2km of technical rocky, washed out, singletrack climbs.

Exactly, Lance would be dreaming to think he could just rock up at the Epic and win it. He won Leadville on the back of his Tour form when he had just been on the podium. Last year he had to ride the tour clean and he couldn't even stay on the bike much less get near the podium. Imagine him trying to win the Epic clean, with no technical mtb preparation? I seriously think not.

People reckon it's boring talking about his doping issues, but to me it's much less interesting to fantasize about him winning a race he isn't entering, hasn't prepared for, and hasn't a hope in hell of winning. At least not this year, that is a certainty in my mind.

Leadville is said to be relatively untechincal - mostly fire roads, etc - but part of the difficulty is the altitude at which it's held.

So I imagine this is where the EPO comes in.. Admit it TW, that’s what you were thinking.. :)

So I imagine this is where the EPO comes in.. Admit it TW, that’s what you were thinking.. :)

Oh my word, you are sooooooooooooooo cynical! :o ;)

*pssssssssssst…the new buzzword is HemAssist…

LA needs balls to ride and challenge for a win in the epic, I was told or read somewhere he only has one..

Apparently Polsmoor have sponsored an Armstrong/Dewani team for the 2011 version! The only problem is they will have to race in the open men category...

NO, that will just be wrong. Some cancer association had a fundraiser and in a lucky draw Jeff happend to have the winning ticket.

Oh stop that!!!! :D

The person to ask is Mr Kevin Vermaak. Perhaps he will be willing to answer this question whether Uncle Lance is coming or not?