Carla Swart

fandacious

On another note: What happened to 'Critical Mass'. Maybe more of us should join those rides as well?

Nothing much happened up here, but TitusTi was still bashing along with the one in CT.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Carla,

Below is an extract of what happened.

Barry Austin, Cycling South Africa’s team manager who saw the accident happen, said Swart turned around right in front of the oncoming truck moments after she had lost her cycling computer.

“I could see how the driver slammed on his brakes. He even swerved to the right so as to avoid smashing into Swart, but it was to no avail. The truck hit Swart full on, flinging her into the air,” Austin said.

The full article can be read at:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/carla-swart-killed-in-south-africa

The story is leading the Beeld this morning - I choked a bit when I read her dad's comments - and my brother's piece on her is on Page 3 of today's The Star.

RIP Carla.

I got several waves of shivers and goose bumps when they mentioned it on the news last night and showed her in action @ the Commonwealth games.

Man just saw this on EWN... A true and sad day indeed. To the family she left behind stand strong.

baie baie sad news!!!! dis net absoluut terrible, as ek sulke goed hoor wil ek net huil..

condolences to the family!

Such talent, so young, a real tragedy. Prayers and condolences to all who's lives she touched. RIP Carla

There is a nice article on cyclingnews.com that headlines "The cycling world remembers Carla Swart..."

Here is a pic from that space. :)

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/01/19/2/3928_portrait_600.jpg