FRITZ PIENAAR IRENE

Astroboy

:) By default technical people are not really the social type , unless you can speak in spanner .

thanks..had a good laugh with this one. :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you doing with the service guys anyway ? You relay your message to the service department through your sales person , unless you are buddies with the mech . Are you complaining because they are a unfriendly bunch of people or because the service on your bike is up to sheeet ?

Uh oh now you are in trouble..... Dirty Rider is a Fritz fanboy!!!!!!!!

Edited by Big H

Couldn't agree more.

Andre, OB and the rest are tops.

We have tried most of the other shops, and keep going back to them.

They are always friendly and go out of their way to help.

Hmmm, maybe some of their technical work is tops but the rest isnt the best I've seen. Had to take my mtb back after a service, as there still was a problem with the crank BB they should have replaced. Then the buggers had the nerve to try and charge me for labour....eish. My boss had the same problem last week

Back to the the thread, I would rather deal with an unfriendly bunch of techies that do the work right the FIRST time. So I will give FP Irene a try next time around

I just got my bike after a service:

Washed. Sparkling clean.

Lubed.

Cleaned BB and regreased, headset and bearings cleaned and regreased. Wheels cleaned and regreased. Looks like a brand spanking new bike. The mech also noted the rear and front brake pads need replacement...

The cost? FREE.

I love my bike mechanic. He treats my bike as if it is his own...Oh wait, it is his own...

SERVICE YOUR OWN DAMN BIKE! :) TRUST NO ONE! ;)

Agreed.

I think its unfair to dish any shop cause you dont like the personality of the mechanic. What are you doing behind the scenes anyway.

Saying that I experience the same with all the bikeshops I visit as the mechanic is either too much of a mechanic (nie van my dam se eende nie) or an arrogant laaitie that is trying to ride pro but has to earn money for his next race entrance.

Uh oh now you are in trouble..... Dirty Rider is a Fritz fanboy!!!!!!!!

:) Not really . I like spread the money I spend on bikes around all the shops in my area . But since I bought my very first DS from Mr Fritz and since day one had fantastic service I do tend to spend a little more at his shop and then Fritz is also a very nice chap .

As for the Spanner manual , sorry but there is no such thing , it is something you only pick up by mixing with that crowd . Find a mechanic (look for one that has lost a finger or two) and invite him for a few beers . Then ask him if he thinks that a 1/2 will fasten a 13 bolt . The rest will follow and before you know it you will be an expert .

The sales guys are very helpful and friendly, but sinking down to the basement level where the service dept. is seated is almost like going into another world! Mordor or something, with Gollum the service guy hanging onto his friendliness like something precious. Now I know the easy out is to just not go there, but why penalize FP for his ill tempered staff? :thumbdown:

Sales very helpful? No ways, called the yesterday to find out about a GTW 3.0 bike, and the prick who answered the phone, talked to me as if I am 5 years old.. Quote: "we have many bikes" and later in the conversation: "We dont have that bike".

He was very unhelpful, and hence I am going to spend my money at Epic Cycles.

No more FPC Irene.

MJ miskien moet jy my ook bietjie wys om dit te doen (nie dat ek enigsins klagtes het oor my LBS nie, in teendeel ek het nog een free diens oor) wil net graag weet hoe om dit self ook te doen

MJ miskien moet jy my ook bietjie wys om dit te doen (nie dat ek enigsins klagtes het oor my LBS nie, in teendeel ek het nog een free diens oor) wil net graag weet hoe om dit self ook te doen

Jy speel bietjie rond met jou fiets op 'n saterdag, lees manuals as jy het, gebruik parktool se website, kyk op youtube, google dit, vra op die hub.

Nie een van my fietse was al ooit in 'n bikeshop nie.

Hi guys, I'm sorry to hear about the bad experiences at my Irene store. It is no excuse, but the workshop has been under a bit of pressure. Please email me (fritz@cyclesport.co.za) or PM me with your problems and I will gladly arrange for a free service / voucher. I unfortunatly don't get into the shops nearly as much as I need to and rely on my customers feedback, so anything (positive or negative) will be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys, I'm sorry to hear about the bad experiences at my Irene store. It is no excuse, but the workshop has been under a bit of pressure. Please email me (fritz@cyclesport.co.za) or PM me with your problems and I will gladly arrange for a free service / voucher. I unfortunatly don't get into the shops nearly as much as I need to and rely on my customers feedback, so anything (positive or negative) will be greatly appreciated.

Well done for coming on here! Never been to the Irene shop but use your Pta shop plenty - find Niel is always ultra helpful and knows his stuff better than anyone.

Edited by Aonyx

Yes, dankie Fritz dat jy gereply het. Ek wou ook al jul shop in irene ondersteun maar seker staff maak dit net ni moontlik nie.

Fietsryers is maar n moeilike klom mense om te please... :rolleyes:

Well done for coming on here! Never been to the Irene shop but use your Pta shop plenty - find Niel is always ultra helpful and knows his stuff better than anyone.

Hi Fritz, I'm the guilty goblin who started the thread. I really think its a great gesture to become involved in the discussion and a good thing to hear what people think in general - that is, the good and the bad and all the other stuff inbetween. I'd really like to continue supporting your Irene shop and, just for having the courage and character to make such a generous gesture, I'd like to challenege evereyone on this thread to visit Fritz's Irene store and rate their experience post 2 FEB 2011. C'mon guys, lets give FP at least that credit and the benefit of his undertaking to stick some smiles on his service dept's faces! Well done Fritz, those are the colours of a champ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

:) Not really . I like spread the money I spend on bikes around all the shops in my area . But since I bought my very first DS from Mr Fritz and since day one had fantastic service I do tend to spend a little more at his shop and then Fritz is also a very nice chap .

As for the Spanner manual , sorry but there is no such thing , it is something you only pick up by mixing with that crowd . Find a mechanic (look for one that has lost a finger or two) and invite him for a few beers . Then ask him if he thinks that a 1/2 will fasten a 13 bolt . The rest will follow and before you know it you will be an expert .

Oh now I unnerstand..... Astro went down into the dungeon in middle earth to learn spanner. The wrench named Schmiegel did not like him and gave him a stiff middlefinger but Astro could not see it because the finger is missing, ring and all. Bilbo Baggins bit it off.

Astro take the beer with next time and speak to the wrench that does not have a middle finger!!!!!........ But be carefull of the Orgzes hiding in the spares cabinet.

Edited by Big H

Well done Fritz!

Sorry about the Fubber winging first and then 'contacting' you last!