Chain Reaction boycott

Unicycle

I've been trying to think of a catchy headline for this sorta crap, and I had to go to the dark ages to find some inspiration. Tumbleweed, would u print this?

Flat Earth Society Accuses CRC of Black Magic

I think it nicely encapsulates the backward mentality of those bitching and moaning about something they are failing to grasp and understand, and use to their own advantage. Instead, they want to burn the Galileo of online cycle stores at the stake.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy really.

Local Swisstop brake pads R750

CRC R220.

Let me think about this..... <_<

Ultimately if the LBS do not adjust to the international trend and e-sales, they will die.

We pay the same import duties the suppliers pay... There are none on bicycle parts, you can't drop that! The opportunity is there for the local market, but they decided to take advantage of the monopoly that comes from exclusive agencies rather than sell at a fair price. It's not the shops that are ripping people off, they are making fair margins in most cases, their cost price is just ridiculously high. As a consumer, my money goes to the best businessman, who cares what country they sleep in! Why are JHB people buying from CWC? That's not local for them, they should support the shop closest to where they live on the "support local" logic irrespective of service or price.

Or CWC must just open another branch in JHB :)

I've been trying to think of a catchy headline for this sorta crap, and I had to go to the dark ages to find some inspiration. Tumbleweed, would u print this?

Flat Earth Society Accuses CRC of Black Magic

I think it nicely encapsulates the backward mentality of those bitching and moaning about something they are failing to grasp and understand, and use to their own advantage. Instead, they want to burn the Galileo of online cycle stores at the stake.

But of course! :thumbup: That's the way it's done. Write the headline first, then write the story to go with it! :lol:

But of course! :thumbup: That's the way it's done. Write the headline first, then write the story to go with it! :lol:

do u have a job for me? I can dream up stories whole day :P

somebody had a "brain fart" and think they can boycott CRC! You will never be able to boycott good service.

Some of our LBS are like "qouta players" - moaning cause they are not good enought and miising all the action!!!

do u have a job for me? I can dream up stories whole day :P

After what I did at work this morning my job as chief dreamer-upper may be available! :o

Yeah, CRC is such a rip. They charge R57 for delivery on my pannier and it took 10 days to get to my post office. What a bunch of crooks.

Now I want to buy some pedals and they got Crank Brothers Candy X 2009 with postage for a rip-off R216 ex duties. Oh my gosh, I think I would rather go to my LBS and blow R600 by them instead.

/sarcasm off

After what I did at work this morning my job as chief dreamer-upper may be available! :o

Spill the beans :o

Yeah, CRC is such a rip. They charge R57 for delivery on my pannier and it took 10 days to get to my post office. What a bunch of crooks.

Now I want to buy some pedals and they got Crank Brothers Candy X 2009 with postage for a rip-off R216 ex duties. Oh my gosh, I think I would rather go to my LBS and blow R600 by them instead.

/sarcasm off

Mini hijack

I have had Candy C on for the last few of weeks, I really enjoy them. Tried Eggbeaters last weekend and also great, probably easier to clip in. Ordering a pair from my OBS - Online Bike Shop - CRC :clap: :clap: :clap:

Actually busy doing the checkout now. I got some of those Shimano Platform ones (too much Baileys to recall right now) and love them but they are caput (2nd hand). Just saw the Candy X's on special this evening.

F#ck the boycott.

I just saved over R5k buying a set of rims from CRC.

I saved 4k , got quotes here for the wheel build was gonna be R8000. How can you even contemplate supporting those prices I dont know.

Thug and Caerus, you guys have been listening to women and SALE talk too much, you guys saved f@ck all. How much did you actually spend? If you saved then the cash would still be in your wallets :o

i dont get what u trying to say Chris..:unsure:

Has youre wife never told you about a sale she went to where she saved 50%? Saved 50% or R10000.00 so saved R5000.00. She didn't save R5000.00, she spent R5000.00 :lol: :lol: :lol: