EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

The Supersix Evo boasts some impressive numbers, such as a normalized weight of 695 grams. It has scores the highest stiffness-to-weight ratio ever recorded: 142 Nm/deg/kg. That’s more than 15 percent higher than the Specialized Tarmac SL3 and more than 40 percent higher than the Trek Madone 6 SSL.

But is Nibali riding one? He rode the previous Super6 Himod in a lot of the previous races because he thought it descended better.

(if so, perhaps he should perhaps rather have gone for the one that climbs better ;) )

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But is Nibali riding one? He rode the previous Super6 Himod in a lot of the previous races because he thought it descended better.

(if so, perhaps he should perhaps rather have gone for the one that climbs better ;) )

Christie, I presume that he does.

Yah, yah, I remember a pic of him during the Giro with it.

Then again, I cannot be sure of this tour...

:rolleyes:

I think you should go back to supporting your man Basso, Nibali is good but not good enough, last year he was bit lucky to win the vuelta this year with a few big names there he is already disappearing

Basso will always remain up there in my books. :blush:

Go, Nibali!

And, ma goodness, go, Sagan!!

ROME (AFP) – Former Giro d’Italia winner Ivan Basso has called for calm after he was slapped and insulted by separatists during the Giro di Padania (Tour of the Po Valley).

He and fellow Italian rider Sacha Modolo, who won Tuesday’s opening stage, put their names to a statement from organizers on Wednesday, in which they called for respect for the cyclists.

“We’re cyclists and we’ve come here to this race to ride and we ask the public to allow us to do so,” said the statement.

“We were insulted and someone even went as far as to start slapping us.

“We find this behavior unacceptable. We’re sportsmen, we train hard every day so we can race and we don’t accept that our efforts are for nothing.”

The Po Valley, in the north of Italy, is home to a secessionist movement supported by the right-wing Northern League political party which wants to create a separate northern Italian state.

Modolo (Colnago-CSF) won stage 1, from Paesana to Laigueglia, in a field sprint ahead of Liquigas’ Elia Viviani, the recent two-stage winner at Colorado’s USAPCC. Basso finished in the field at the same time.

ROME (AFP) – Former Giro d’Italia winner Ivan Basso has called for calm after he was slapped and insulted by separatists during the Giro di Padania (Tour of the Po Valley).

Hmm, interesting but I wouldn't read too much into it. Italians get very animated over everything from the texture of their pasta to their presidential candidates with an eye for the young girls,...that's Italians, full of life and drama, I love them.

Hmm, interesting but I wouldn't read too much into it. Italians get very animated over everything from the texture of their pasta to their presidential candidates with an eye for the young girls,...that's Italians, full of life and drama, I love them.

:lol: :lol:

Great achievement!

Peter Sagan claims 3 wins in the Tour Of Spain.

What a talent this 21 year old is.

http://cdn4.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2011/09/11/1/bettiniphoto_0088662_1_full_600.jpg

Great achievement!

Peter Sagan claims 3 wins in the Tour Of Spain.

What a talent this 21 year old is.

http://cdn4.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2011/09/11/1/bettiniphoto_0088662_1_full_600.jpg

Yup - I am glad he has a 2 year contract - this is some serious talent.

• 1 month later...

It remains to be seen whether Vincenzo Nibali (Liquigas-Cannondale) lines up at the 2012 Giro d'Italia, but the Sicilian admitted that the route was more to his liking that of this year's onerous edition.

Nibali battled gamely in the face of Alberto Contador's domination in May, and finished a creditable third in Milan. Rumoured to be building his 2012 campaign around the Tour de France, however, there was a palpably wistful air about Nibali as he mulled over the route after the official presentation in Milan on Sunday.

"Maybe I would have preferred a Giro like that this year, but that's the way it goes," a Nibali told Cyclingnews. "It's a very nice Giro, well-designed. I like it a lot."

Like his stablemate Ivan Basso, Nibali was reticent to comment on his plans for next season, and would neither confirm nor rule out his participation in the Giro. This year, Nibali led at the Giro while Basso prepared for the Tour on Mount Etna, and it appears that Liquigas-Cannondale's key men will again divide up the stage racing calendar in 2012.

"We'll decide on the programme at our first training camp," Nibali said. "Right now, it's hard to even think about what I should do next year, but I'll talk about it with the team first and then we'll plan our season."

READ MORE HERE

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/more-complete-2012-giro-ditalia-to-nibalis-liking

Edited by ' Dale

• 2 weeks later...

A very good season for this team:

Total 2011 wins for UCI ProTeams

In the final race of its final season, HTC-Highroad put an exclamation point on being the most successful ProTeam in 2011 with Tony Martin’s victory at the Chrono des Nations in France. Coincidentally, Leopard-Trek also won the final race of its one and only season with Oliver Zaugg at the Tour of Lombardy. And the only teams to have more than 10 riders among their final list of winners were the equal-opportunity “Anglo” squads of HTC, Team RadioShack, Team Sky and Garmin-Cervélo.

1. HTC-Highroad 49 (14 riders)

2. Team RadioShack 30 (12 riders)

3. Liquigas-Cannondale 30 (six riders)

4. Team Sky 28 (11 riders)

5. Omega Pharma-Lotto 28 (five riders)

6. Garmin-Cervélo 24 (11 riders)

7. Rabobank 24 (nine riders)

8. Lampre-ISD 23 (nine riders)

9. Vacansoleil-DCM 22 (nine riders)

10. Leopard-Trek 21 (eight riders)

11. Movistar 20 (nine riders)

12. Katusha 19 (four riders)

13. Saxo Bank-SunGard 17 (six riders)

14. BMC Racing 11 (four riders)

15. Euskaltel-Euskadi 10 (five riders)

16. Astana 7 (five riders)

17. Quick Step 6 (four riders)

AG2R-La Mondiale 6 (four riders)

In the final race of its final season, HTC-Highroad put an exclamation point on being the most successful ProTeam in 2011 with Tony Martin’s victory at the Chrono des Nations in France. Coincidentally, Leopard-Trek also won the final race of its one and only season with Oliver Zaugg at the Tour of Lombardy. And the only teams to have more than 10 riders among their final list of winners were the equal-opportunity “Anglo” squads of HTC, Team RadioShack, Team Sky and Garmin-Cervélo.

A good year for Liquigas. I am really looking forward to next year/season. I wonder what plans they have for Sagan? Basso unfortuantly is in my eyes heading towards retirement - which is a pity because I really like him. Nibali - still a great future.

Tch!

The Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) has requested a suspension for Damiano Caruso (Liquigas-Cannondale) for allegedly attempting to procure banned substances.

In a brief statement issued on Thursday afternoon, CONI announced that it has referred Caruso to its anti-doping tribunal for “complicity in the attempted acquisition of banned substances,” a violation of article 2.8 of the WADA code.

READ MORE HERE

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/coni-requests-ban-for-damiano-caruso

http://cdn0.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/06/11/2/bettiniphoto_0083684_1_full_600.jpg

The UCI today announced that it has approved the WorldTour licenses of eight teams: Astana, BMC, Garmin-Cervélo, Lampre-ISD, Liquigas-Cannondale, Movistar, Rabobank and Sky.

:clap:

The UCI today announced that it has approved the WorldTour licenses of eight teams: Astana, BMC, Garmin-Cervélo, Lampre-ISD, Liquigas-Cannondale, Movistar, Rabobank and Sky.

:clap:

What about greenedge and the trek team whatever its called?

What about greenedge and the trek team whatever its called?

Still in the process, as well as 'Berto's team Saxobank and others... :rolleyes:

Saxo bank didn't do very well did they? When you have a camp of great riders its easy to show results, the sign of a good manager is getting results from a team of "not so good" riders, Riis in my opinion falls into this group, he has failed dismally to produce the goods this year and his riders appear to lack morale, mostly sitting sulking at the back.

'Alberto's Giro win was probably their sole high spot and when team's like Katusha and Lampre with a fraction of the class and budget beat you in the wins department, its time to rethink your position and maybe leave it to someone else.