EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His injury setback threw him out of my top 9, Big JD.

----

http://cdn2.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/07/21/2/bettiniphoto_0086538_1_full_600.jpg

Very impressed with ma man Basso despite many setbacks.

He now admits that yellow is out of reach.

GO FOR PODIUM, Ma Man!

He looked the best he has been so far yesterday - he was there the whole time. I am hoping that he can make a podium. What are his time trialing abilities like - Phil and Paul have not said to much about that.

So, Basso earns 8th spot.

And showed moments of strength and resolve.

This great rider now exits the cycling world, I guess.

Take a bow, Ivan.

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Carl Sagan won the GC in the Tour of Poland this weekend.

Good one, going talent...

Go, Liquigas!!

:clap:

Carl Sagan won the GC in the Tour of Poland this weekend.

Good one, going talent...

Sadly Carl 'Cosmos' Sagan is Late (RIP) it's Peter Sagan we are talking about .. apparently he has a younger bro just as good.

Sadly Carl 'Cosmos' Sagan is Late (RIP) it's Peter Sagan we are talking about .. apparently he has a younger bro just as good.

2nd time I do that.

Peter Sagan. Peter Sagan. Peter Sagan.

Got it!!

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Defending champion Vincenzo Nibali and grand tour rookie Peter Sagan headline a deep Liquigas-Cannondale team for the Vuelta a España.

Nibali will be arriving in fighting shape to try to defend his victory from last year while Sagan, hot off victory at the Tour of Poland, will be aiming to win stages and gain experience in his first grand tour.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2010/09/nibalibam.jpg

Edited by AirBender

I liked this snippet from the Tre Valli Varesine report:

Ultimately, however, Nibali’s attack served only to eliminate his teammate Peter Sagan from contention and hand the initiative to Rebellin and Pozzovivo.

Silly leaky-gasss tjops.

Scarponi is also looking for some glory.

Gonna be a hot contest between him and Nibali.

Yummy!

Scarponi is also looking for some glory.

Gonna be a hot contest between him and Nibali.

Yummy!

Just watch Wiggins destory them

Just watch Wiggins destory them

It's gonna be very interesting to see how Wiggins match up and whether he can live up the hype created around him during his Tour de France appearance.

His injury might catch up with him though.

3 weeks in the saddle is a loooong time.

http://cdn3.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/07/29/2/280711ispa_0691a_600.jpg

GO, NIBALI!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

After the crash yesterday in the Vuelta:

Vincenzo Nibali was ok to keep racing. “I have bruises on my thigh and my back but I slept well”, he said. “I’d love if the rules of racing allowed us to lose time within three kilometres to go. If so, we could let the sprinters fight for the stage win and we could reach the finish line safely without the worry of avoiding a split and time losses.”

The team continue to impress with stage victories, even on two continents at the same time with the Vuelta and the US Pro Cycling Challenge:

:clap:

http://cdn0.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net//2011/09/01/2/bettiniphoto_0087932_1_full_600.jpg

Even the carbon horse won a Eurobike Award recently.

It comes in under 5 kgs.

And, the team paint job and a few customised weights brings into the legal weight limit!

http://redkiteprayer.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/IMG_3648-533x400.jpg

The Supersix Evo boasts some impressive numbers, such as a normalized weight of 695 grams. It has scores the highest stiffness-to-weight ratio ever recorded: 142 Nm/deg/kg. That’s more than 15 percent higher than the Specialized Tarmac SL3 and more than 40 percent higher than the Trek Madone 6 SSL.

Edited by ' Dale

I think you should go back to supporting your man Basso, Nibali is good but not good enough, last year he was bit lucky to win the vuelta this year with a few big names there he is already disappearing