EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

I am finding it very hard to believe that he is that bad at the moment....

But again this is bad....almost so bad that I think they might be bluffing at the moment???I mean how can he be that weak…even out of form he will normally be up there with the GC guy’s…maybe a 2 or 3 minute gap but 6 min??

no chain,

I hope it is a tactical ploy to surprise the expected GC standings in

Week 3 of le Tour...

You raise a good question.

He also fell ill earlier this year and withdrew from a stage race. :(

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GOG,

I am in a time zone 9 hrs later than SA...

:blush:

Oh, okay, I take it in the USA, West coast?

Where abouts.?

Oh, okay, I take it in the USA, West coast?

Where abouts.?

San Francisco, you are right.

And, now, it is early AM here.

I rise early since I started cycling 4 years ago. :blush:

Gazzetta dello Sport has revealed that the Liquigas-Cannondale team has turned down a multi-million Euro offer from Astana to release Vincenzo Nibali from his contract.

According to the Italian sports newspaper, Astana offered Liquigas-Cannondale three million Euro to release Nibali from his contract and offered Nibali 1.5 million Euro a year for two years. It seems Astana was ready to spend a total of six million Euro to secure a new stage race leader. Current team leader Alexandre Vinokourov is set to retire in 2012 and the team has also been trying to secure classics rider Philippe Gilbert.

The offer was apparently made before the start of the Giro d’Italia but was quickly turned down by Liquigas-Cannondale team manager Roberto Amadio.

“Our philosophy is clear. Nibali is one of the team figure heads and wouldn’t be sold for any price. It’s not about money,” Gazzetta reported Amadio as saying.

Last year, Liquigas let Roman Kreuziger buy himself out of his contract and join Astana but this was because the Czech rider was looking for a bigger leadership role. The Italian team was happy to let him go, preferring to have Ivan Basso and Vincenzo Nibali as its stage race leaders.

Nibali will not ride the Tour de France but is set to return to the Vuelta Espana to defend his 2010 victory.

---

I am sure he will be the main contender for Leaky Gas for TdF 2012. :thumbup:

“Our philosophy is clear. Nibali is one of the team figure heads and wouldn’t be sold for any price. It’s not about money,” Gazzetta reported Amadio as saying.

Last year, Liquigas let Roman Kreuziger buy himself out of his contract and join Astana but this was because the Czech rider was looking for a bigger leadership role. The Italian team was happy to let him go, preferring to have Ivan Basso and Vincenzo Nibali as its stage race leaders.

Kreuziger and Nibali were a mean team at last years Vuelta, so I guess Astana would love to have him there in the future.

Basso has a limited time left in the pro peleton whereas Nibali is still very young, and will have a great future with a stable team...Liquigas are a solid side, they have Deeeeeeeeep pockets and with no financial issues, and the future of the team is assured.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2011/03/Basso-300x449.jpg

Ivan Basso has placed the entire focus of his season on returning to the Tour de France podium, this time on the top step in Paris. To do so, Liquigas-Cannondale’s two-time podium finisher will of course have to contend with the man he says is the only rider in the sport capable of the Giro d’Italia/Tour de France double.

“I think Contador can win the Giro and the Tour together,” said Basso. “I’m not a reporter of magic, but I think it is possible, and at that moment the only one is Alberto.”

GO, BASSO!!! :clap: :clap:

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2011/03/Basso-300x449.jpg

Ivan Basso has placed the entire focus of his season on returning to the Tour de France podium, this time on the top step in Paris. To do so, Liquigas-Cannondale’s two-time podium finisher will of course have to contend with the man he says is the only rider in the sport capable of the Giro d’Italia/Tour de France double.

“I think Contador can win the Giro and the Tour together,” said Basso. “I’m not a reporter of magic, but I think it is possible, and at that moment the only one is Alberto.”

GO, BASSO!!! :clap: :clap:

Hell - since his come back I have wanted to see some magic from Basso, he just seems to be struggling to reach his former form, although he did win the Giro, one just feels that he is lacking. I am rooting for him the whole way in the upcoming tour but I think he is going to struggle.

Hell - since his come back I have wanted to see some magic from Basso, he just seems to be struggling to reach his former form, although he did win the Giro, one just feels that he is lacking. I am rooting for him the whole way in the upcoming tour but I think he is going to struggle.

Yeah, nickc. I agree.

All I have is hope with Basso... ;)

Hey Bender

It looks like Basso is saying go Contador :D

Wicked, Spat...

If your rear tyre is flat at our next training ride, IT WASN'T ME... :w00t:

Hey Bender

It looks like Basso is saying go Contador :D

That's what I got out of his comments.

http://cdn1.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/02/18/1/liquigas_tenerife03_600.jpg

NO SURPRIZES HERE:

Liquigas-Cannondale team for the Tour de France:

Ivan Basso, Daniel Oss, Alessandro Vanotti, Paolo Longo Borghini, Fabio Sabatini, Sylvester Szmyd, Maciej Bodnar, Maciej Paterski and Kristijan Koren

if basso manages to come back like last nights pizza I'll be very surprised, but I really hope he does