EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

http://cdn1.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/02/18/1/liquigas_tenerife03_600.jpg

NO SURPRIZES HERE:

Where's his helmet? Shocking posting a pic like that here. What if little kiddies (or forum members with too much time and not enough sense) see it? :(

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's his helmet?

Its not required by law in most Euro contries. In the Netherlands, it looked like riding with a helmet is the exception to the rule.

Its not required by law in most Euro contries. In the Netherlands, it looked like riding with a helmet is the exception to the rule.

You're a member here since 2005, and know as well as I do that a statement like that matters FA to the moron mother grundies here :lol:

Edited by TNT1

Hell - since his come back I have wanted to see some magic from Basso, he just seems to be struggling to reach his former form,

Imo the difference in his performance is the difference blood doping makes. He was with Fuentez @ CSC, now rumoured to ride clean.

Where's his helmet? Shocking posting a pic like that here. What if little kiddies (or forum members with too much time and not enough sense) see it? :(

I say we boycott liquigas and write them a letter. We should also CC the club they ride for. that'll show them. Things can't go on like this guys...... :P

if basso manages to come back like last nights pizza I'll be very surprised, but I really hope he does

pineapple pizza?

Liquigas-Cannondale team for the Tour de France:

Ivan Basso, Daniel Oss, Alessandro Vanotti, Paolo Longo Borghini, Fabio Sabatini, Sylvester Szmyd, Maciej Bodnar, Maciej Paterski and Kristijan Koren

Apart from Szmyd who also has a Giro in his legs, the team looks rather weak around the edges.

Even if Basso has a remarkable recovery, I cant see him in the top 10 with that support.

Apart from Szmyd who also has a Giro in his legs, the team looks rather weak around the edges.

Even if Basso has a remarkable recovery, I cant see him in the top 10 with that support.

He did say, GOG, in an interview that support at altitude in the mountains will be very thin.

Not good...

Tch!

He did say, GOG, in an interview that support at altitude in the mountains will be very thin.

Not good...

Tch!

Really don't understand LG tactics for this year’s tour??

How did Basso end up so weak and why put together a team like this for what has been there biggest goal of the whole season?

I know he crashed but that really should not make that much of a difference to a quality rider like him...yes if you have major problems during the last 2 months build up for the tour, chances are you won't win it but he should have been at least ready to put up a fight for podium.

I am disappointed because I gave him a big chance as this was the first time he was focused on the tour exclusively and at last year’s Giro he showed he was still a great tour rider!! :( :(

“When I was obsessed with having to win it, I burned myself with negativity that certainly didn’t help me,” Basso told La Stampa. “A dream instead is something that you follow with a smile because it is a very beautiful and fulfilling thing. I’m serene.”

Even though he passed up on the defence of his Giro d’Italia crown in order to focus on energies on July, Basso said that he feels no additional pressure for having built his season around one race.

“I’ve concentrated everything on the Tour by skipping the Giro and for me it wasn’t an easy decision, but that doesn’t mean that a defeat would send me into a crisis,” Basso said. “Nobody will complain to me about that, be it the management at Liquigas or my supporters.

READ MORE HERE:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/basso-tour-de-france-a-dream-not-an-obsession

They are also riding like two breasts.

Luckily they arent riding over the white line (or inside the yellow line...)

Really don't understand LG tactics for this year’s tour??

How did Basso end up so weak and why put together a team like this for what has been there biggest goal of the whole season?

I know he crashed but that really should not make that much of a difference to a quality rider like him...yes if you have major problems during the last 2 months build up for the tour, chances are you won't win it but he should have been at least ready to put up a fight for podium.

I am disappointed because I gave him a big chance as this was the first time he was focused on the tour exclusively and at last year’s Giro he showed he was still a great tour rider!! :( :(

Gonna be interesting how he fares.

I am hoping that his experience and last year's Giro superpowers will boost his confidence.

GO BASSO!