EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

"If you were going to get a job offer for $60,000 and there was a 1% chance of death, that is a horrible, horrible job. You would have to really, really want it. You would have to really think it is going to get better and that there is a lot of opportunities.

That wouldn’t have felt like a horrible trade-off a few years ago, but now it does..."

Phil Gaimon, on retiring from the WorldTour

READ MORE HERE

https://cyclingtips.com/2016/11/phil-gaimon-on-risk-versus-reward-retirement-and-reinvention/

CORVOS_00026878-028-1024x682.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that i own a 'Dale i suppose i should follow this thread again. 

Mr. 'Dale, shouldn't Drapack replace Garmin in the title?

Congrats....  :clap:

Yes, it should change to the updated title

Somehow I can't find the button to edit.  :huh:

Hell Dale - how many name changes/versions of this thread have we seen over the years.

Feels like a lifetime ago we had the Leaky Gas team - still Italian owned then.

Thanks

Think you go to the 1st post on the thread , then use full editor button to edit title.

Hell Dale - how many name changes/versions of this thread have we seen over the years.

Feels like a lifetime ago we had the Leaky Gas team - still Italian owned then.

Yeah

Feels like light years away hey

Thanks

Think you go to the 1st post on the thread , then use full editor button to edit title.

Yip 

Have done that for several other iterations

Now it's like *poof* gone  :excl:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We’re here for a race, and it should be an exceptionally interesting week. The courses are quite dynamic, with lots of explosive finishes that always make for an exciting race, with the sprinters trying to hang tough on the hills and scoop up time bonuses on the flats while the climbers try to create space any time the bitumen pitches up. And because it is the first race of the season we all get to see who did and did not do their homework in a very hot-or-not, great-or-**** sort of way, exponentially amplified under the baking Australian sun on the black hot roads of the land down under.

Alex Howes

READ MORE HERE

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/01/alex-howes-diary-teenagers-on-motorcycles/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I dig the blogs of the PROs

Gives me some of the realness of what it is like

'Folks, marginal gains are no longer marginal. While they used to operate solely in the margins, they have begun to dominate and corrode the very heart of cycling.

Call me crazy, or nostalgic, or maybe just a loser, but back when I was growing up, despite existing outside of the mainstream media — or maybe because of it — pro cycling was cool. It was badass, it was ******* hardcore. Nowadays, with all these marginal gains, it’s a sport full of weight weenies, power dorks, and flesh-and-blood robots. How did we get to where we are today? Marginal gains, folks.'

Alex Howes

READ MORE HERE
https://cyclingtips.com/2017/02/alex-howes-diary-marginal-pains/

I dig the blogs of the PROs

Gives me some of the realness of what it is like

'Folks, marginal gains are no longer marginal. While they used to operate solely in the margins, they have begun to dominate and corrode the very heart of cycling.

Call me crazy, or nostalgic, or maybe just a loser, but back when I was growing up, despite existing outside of the mainstream media — or maybe because of it — pro cycling was cool. It was badass, it was ******* hardcore. Nowadays, with all these marginal gains, it’s a sport full of weight weenies, power dorks, and flesh-and-blood robots. How did we get to where we are today? Marginal gains, folks.'

Alex Howes

READ MORE HERE

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/02/alex-howes-diary-marginal-pains/

Power dorks????