Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Off-topic, but I see that Drager test they've been using is SA is under question now.

Yeah, maybe start a new thread on that one. I have some strong views on drunk bastards who drive around who will now get off on some stupid technicality. Wankers. Much like the arseholes who speed and then claim the camera was set up illegally - but don't dispute that you were in fact speeding. Wankers.

Edited by TNT1

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exagily, and to push the point further....how many athletes / people have tested positive for Clen while residing only in the EU?

Forget China, Mexico etc.... Contador was not there and did not eat meat from there.

Do I think he doped - probably, I think they all do. The problem is that even in the EU, cattle are regularly doped with Clen (although it is banned there as it is in other parts of the world) and something less than 0.14% of cattle are tested for "doping", so there is uncertainty WRT the source of the clen in AC's sample. Plasticisers could have come from any IV drip and as no protocol exists yet that argument cannoty be used in support.

The problem is that even in the EU, cattle are regularly doped with Clen (although it is banned there as it is in other parts of the world) and something less than 0.14% of cattle are tested for "doping", so there is uncertainty WRT the source of the clen in AC's sample. Plasticisers could have come from any IV drip and as no protocol exists yet that argument cannoty be used in support.

So how many other EU ONLY based athletes who have no links to mexico, china etc.... have tested + for Clen in the last few years? I suspect the number is rather low considering the amount of dope tests performed.

Plasticisers LOL thanks for bringing that one up....

So how many other EU ONLY based athletes who have no links to mexico, china etc.... have tested + for Clen in the last few years? I suspect the number is rather low considering the amount of dope tests performed.

I suspect that most labs don't test for the levels found in contadors sample. They are not required to, so the probably are only callibrated to look for higher levels.

Plasticisers LOL thanks for bringing that one up....

none as far as I am aware. As I said, i am reasonably sure he was/is doping, the problem for WADA et al is that they have to prove it was deliberate and not from tainted meat. I am also reasonably sure that if more blood samples were sent to the Uni of Cologne and the same tests were used there could be more positive results.

i am a big contador fan so might be biased. but i believe everyone should be considered inocent until PROVEN guilty - and i cant see how he is going to proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

I read on Cyclingnews.com this morning that Frank Schleck wired moneyto Dr Fuentes at the time of the Puerto scandal. His federation declared that it was for training advice, not doping. Why then was Valverde, Basso, Ulrich and a lot other pro's suspended for contact with the same person. There is too much coverup

Contador was forced to climb in the car after police stopped him for riding without lights for the tunnels

Contador was forced to climb in the car after police stopped him for riding without lights for the tunnels

Spaniard stopped for riding in tunnels without lights

Alberto Contador's reconnaissance of the Alpine stages of the 2011 Tour de France was interrupted today when French police stopped him for failing to have lights on his bicycle on the descent of the Col du Galibier.

According to the Associated Press, Contador was unable to convince the officer that his team car would adequately light the way in the sometimes long and dark tunnels that are featured along the route. He eventually had to give up and put his bike in the car.

The Spaniard is looking to defend his 2010 Tour title in July, even in light of the pending arbitration hearing over his Clenbuterol positive in last year's race.

He has been training for the past two days in the French Alps in preparation for the race, which begins July 2.

Follow Cyclingnews on Twitter for the very latest coverage of events taking place in the cycling world - twitter.com/cyclingnewsfeed

Edited by TNT1

Spaniard stopped for riding in tunnels without lights

Alberto Contador's reconnaissance of the Alpine stages of the 2011 Tour de France was interrupted today when French police stopped him for failing to have lights on his bicycle on the descent of the Col du Galibier.

According to the Associated Press, Contador was unable to convince the officer that his team car would adequately light the way in the sometimes long and dark tunnels that are featured along the route. He eventually had to give up and put his bike in the car.

The Spaniard is looking to defend his 2010 Tour title in July, even in light of the pending arbitration hearing over his Clenbuterol positive in last year's race.

He has been training for the past two days in the French Alps in preparation for the race, which begins July 2.

Follow Cyclingnews on Twitter for the very latest coverage of events taking place in the cycling world - twitter.com/cyclingnewsfeed

you gotta love Les Gendarmes...would they have done the same to Thomas Voeckler I wonder? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Good to see Cuddles cross the line first after so many years. Just when I was beginning to think he had one nut less than LA he steps up and snatches a win from Bert in fine style. Really liking what the tour has served up so far this year!

Good to see Cuddles cross the line first after so many years. Just when I was beginning to think he had one nut less than LA he steps up and snatches a win from Bert in fine style. Really liking what the tour has served up so far this year!

+1

I'm enjoying these intermediate stages with rolling hills and cat 3/4 finishes. It doesn't remove the 200km break of 3-5 guys formula but does throw some spice in with groups being caught out/dropped. Good work ASO!