Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

So I really hope that what is already a nice place with huge potential can become simply awesome. I'm even happy to help putting up signage etc

It takes me at least 40 mins to drive there so it's not exactly close and getting lost within 10 mins of being there is really off putting.

I'm happy to assist as well

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am prepared to print the signs, vinyl on ABS. Maybe we can do a barter deal : )

Big up d@vid, sure Eric will be interrested, I think a few of the signs gets taken by idiots and some farmers don't mind riders crossing their land, but don't want signage all over the show.

What about those boards/signs that allow you to slide in another smaller sign? That way you can keep existing signage neat and tidy and when having an event you can simply remove that portion of the sign that is not needed or add in another route marker? If that makes sense?

Edited by Mojoman

There are some signs on the longer, and besides there are maps as well, and once you get to learn the trails that's its really. Only area I get confused is the river area, there is a maze or routes there and you can go in circles without knowing it :o

Hmmm... I am seriously thinking of heading to VG now this weekend... :). Do you upload your rides to Endomondo? Would be go so i can see where the trail is on the ride.. :).

I understand where all you guys are coming from but everything I know has come through trial and error....

Getting lost a couple times in the beginning was the best thing for me..

But that's me.

You guys have come up with some great ideas and generous offers.

Just bear this in mind:-

Erik deals with up to 40 different farmers, That in itself is a huge job to maintain.

Without their cooperation ! No trails!

You guys can also look out for the white rock markings on the routes.

Absolutely, and nothing should be done without involving Erik or his stamp of approval.

I'm suggesting that we help Erik where he needs it, not try and take over.

Just hit the trail for a sunset 20km beautiful...

Had the old man look at some off your positive feedback....showing him how 2 find your locations(your all dead start running)...

No i agree we have 2 work on our signage and we have been looking at some ideas for quite sometime...apparently groenkloof is one of the best marked trails in the country

We are having a look at what would be best for us... On the upside we are upgrading our maps and ill be on the trail tommorow having a look at some questionable areas and replace race signs with trail signs you guys update me and ill get out there and have a look at what can be done

C u on the trail bright and early

• 2 weeks later...

Will VG be open on 1 May Workers day? I would love to go celebrate workers day by doing some WORK on the bike! ;)

Will VG be open on 1 May Workers day? I would love to go celebrate workers day by doing some WORK on the bike! ;)

Normally VG is closed on a Tuesday, but maybe seeing as its a public holiday, they might be....

Victor?

I think best would be to give them a ring DeCleated

Will be there tomorrow...big day at vg = good sani prep

Hey rouxtjie, mind finding out about Tuesday and posting whether they'll be open or not.

I'm still away at the moment.

May the 1st VG will be open.