Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

Dumb question: is there a map with all the trails?

there are maps available at the cheese shop

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap:

That would be awesome L.T.G

Here you go.....

post-6012-0-65150000-1331984218.jpg

and here's the pdf you can download and print.

VG map.pdf

This map doesn't show DaggaPad and Tant Miems though, but the Concrete road drops down to a T-junction and this map shows the right turn from there, if you go left you get to DP and TM.

Edited by L.T.G

That map hasn't got Daggapad on it. It continues from the lower rhs and is awesome single track. All the trails have little sign posts up, bit up to Erik!

Pleasure guys... Just bear in mind there's still more... Depending what you're in the mood for.

There's so much Singletrack on either side of the river and at the start from the farmhouse ... Endless fun..

Go and explore.....

Shout if you have any questions , i'll do my best to answer...I'm no expert on the place... I just have a real passion for it.

Edited by L.T.G

• 3 weeks later...

06:00 if you have an indemnity signed otherwise from 08:00 when the shop opens. Phone in advance if you want to ride before you have paid for a permit just to cover yourself.

I"m not riding at the moment, so want to go run there sometime. Anyone know if these are dual-use trails or are there running/hiking trails there ?

WW.

Hey guys

I am victor van gaalen Erik's son thanx for all the positive feedback so far...

Ill be following this page ass much as i can

My dad isn't great with technology but he does make some great trails so any questions,comments or suggestions you have ill be happy to try and inform you

As much as i can

Enjoy the riding guys

I"m not riding at the moment, so want to go run there sometime. Anyone know if these are dual-use trails or are there running/hiking trails there ?

WW.

Trails are open to cyclists and trail runners we are seeing more trail runners everyday. They run on the same route as the cyclists do

We also have a few trail running events our website is being updated but it should be online soon so you can checkout all the dates

Edited by Victor van Gaalen

Hiya Victor,

Are you open on Monday, and are the routes marked for those of us who have not been there before?

We are open all public holidays exept for christmas and new year...

We are only closed on teusdays and tje only times u guys might have problems with riding are on days we have events we close some parts of the route depending on the event

im going to post race dates on the farm soon so u can be informed and as i said website will be up soon you'll be able 2 check there aswell

i see LTG mentioned signs on the trail ,when u become a regular lile him arrows wont be an issue hahaha no we have an understanding with farmers not wanting signs everwhere and ogten signs are removed my suggestion would be 2 either ask the marshal on duty he should be there from six every morning on weekends only he can give you directions and another option is ofcourse 2 buddy up with cyclists who know our trails.for novice riders most of the trail is marked...

Look out for the event dates i'll post them soon