Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

Just spoke to my wife about the build day and she flipped! So might not make it, gonna have to beg for a while...

thats the problem right there. you spoke to her about it...

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Small hiccup guys. The trailer I had booked was returned broken and unfortunately the rest were booked for the weekend, all but one were already gone. I will check in the morning if the last was taken.. the owner will make a special trip to hand it over if it was not collected.. Good guy, great service!

The build day will continue, but it looks like transporting material from around the mountain will have to wait for another day.

@DJR, any chance we can strap a few wheelbarrows to the Landi roof?

I am so bummed!

:(

Small hiccup guys. The trailer I had booked was returned broken and unfortunately the rest were booked for the weekend, all but one were already gone. I will check in the morning if the last was taken.. the owner will make a special trip to hand it over if it was not collected.. Good guy, great service!

The build day will continue, but it looks like transporting material from around the mountain will have to wait for another day.

I am so bummed!

Gonna need a barrow for the beers!

I am so bummed!

Dude!

Landy will be happy to transport anything (other than a Toyota) on its roofrack.

• 3 months later...

yeah. It's on the Tokai MTB facebook page. Sat at 9am, working on the quarry link and fixing up a few soft places... unfortunately I'm in hermanus for hte weekend so can't go...

yeah. It's on the Tokai MTB facebook page. Sat at 9am, working on the quarry link and fixing up a few soft places... unfortunately I'm in hermanus for hte weekend so can't go...

Oh boy, am I glad I'm at work! Have you seen the weather out there? Its bad enough that I'm thinking of moving upcountry for the rest of the winter. You are going to have to bring in a dredger barge from Table Bay to do earthmoving in Tokai Forest, especially in the quarry. Good luck to the hardcore builder that shows up today! You have my eternal respect.

while everyone is having a bitch fit with each other about trail construction, nothing gets done, but the entry price keeps going up.

im riding there since 2001.....very little change in 11 years. back then it cost R2 to enter.

So i support the guys who refuses to pay..

Stuff them

Sorry to learn of your misfortune. You should try riding at Tokai, trails are being worked on all the time.

Riding since 2001 is a very long time to be riding, hope you get a break now and then!

while everyone is having a bitch fit with each other about trail construction, nothing gets done, but the entry price keeps going up.

im riding there since 2001.....very little change in 11 years. back then it cost R2 to enter.

So i support the guys who refuses to pay..

Stuff them

I'll take your bait because I'm bored.

Lets look at your post point for point:

* Nobody was having a bitch fit until you did

* A huge lot got done and gets done

* Riding there for 11 years qualifies you for what?

* Try comparing the entry fee increases with those of petrol, electricity, bikes, cars, bank charges and it looks cheap, especially with a Wild Card

* Tokai and its usage changed hugely over the last decade

* Riding there without paying is tantamount to trespassing, stealing or being a parasite on those who contribute

* You are welcome to "stuff them" by going somewhere else, its called free choise.

* Those who can see Tokai for the gem that it is, will continue to ride, to pay and to build there

I wish you a great ride somewhere else - because in Tokai Forest, Karma will sooner or later knock your front teeth out (proverbially).

I'll take your bait because I'm bored.

Lets look at your post point for point:

* Nobody was having a bitch fit until you did

* A huge lot got done and gets done

* Riding there for 11 years qualifies you for what?

* Try comparing the entry fee increases with those of petrol, electricity, bikes, cars, bank charges and it looks cheap, especially with a Wild Card

* Tokai and its usage changed hugely over the last decade

* Riding there without paying is tantamount to trespassing, stealing or being a parasite on those who contribute

* You are welcome to "stuff them" by going somewhere else, its called free choise.

* Those who can see Tokai for the gem that it is, will continue to ride, to pay and to build there

I wish you a great ride somewhere else - because in Tokai Forest, Karma will sooner or later knock your front teeth out (proverbially).

Post of the month right there!

Sorry bloohubs, that's a knockout and it cost you your front teeth.

Anyone else?

Bloohub. pick up a spade or sod of and ride somewhere free where a group of trail fairies does all the maintenance for you while you sit on your fat ass and tell everyone how great you are. Nothings free mate. Get used to it.

stay focused on the opinion not the person jimmy !

Guest Omega Man

I went to build on Saturday with a all waterproofed up and sat there like a ****.