Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Your ideas are in the pipeline as far as I know. Pain or Shine is the main guy dealing with all of the planning side.

I had 5 signs for the DH printed up last week but i've been sick in bed for the last 5 days so not been getting out. I still need to get my act together to get them onto bits of wood so we can get them out on the trails so people can't say they weren't warned if they end themselves on the DH track. This is what they look like.

post-18968-0-93034500-1350901438_thumb.jpg

Hey Omega, if you're trying to frighten me away from riding the DH tracks on my trailbike, you'll have to put up a picture of a collarbone!biggrin.png

Guest Omega Man

Hey Omega, if you're trying to frighten me away from riding the DH tracks on my trailbike, you'll have to put up a picture of a collarbone!biggrin.png

Hahaha. The main reason is actually to discourage novices from riding down the dh and skidding the track up.

But don't tell a soul.

Look again, it IS a collarbone...

Hey guys, I rode yesterday and noticed that DH3 is getting pretty narrow! What are the rules when it comes to trimming the bush :) can I go and cut it back a bit or do we need approval first? I realise its mostly indigenous but its also pretty scratchy at speed...

Cool Jimmy, I'll get out there to trim. You don't want to be found cutting those bushes without a permit! Heck no!

Guest Omega Man

Ja was up there the other day and a bush grabbed my front brake. OTB. At least the landing was soft.

Guest Omega Man

Hey lads! Still on for tomorrow 1pm? What's the plan, I reckon a landing for the rock jump on dh3 is needed...

Deon is up there right now with a digger building the landing for the big stepdown off the road next to my roots. The plan is 4 fold.

1. Clean up that divert on dh1 including removal of 2 stumps and some laterite loving

2. Shape and clean up the work the digger is busy with today

3. Build the lip for that jump

4. make the step up in the quarry less steep.

Guest Omega Man

Hey all.

Yesterday Deon spent hours reshaping the entry into the my roots section. He also built a nice lip to jump into the landing off the road.

Only for someone to take it on themselves to kick the lip down.

The shoeprint left behind is CLEARLY from a Shimano DX shoe (The new black ones) So this was done by a downhiller between 2pm and 5pm. I have a pretty good idea who it was but I have no evidence.

To the person who did this. If you want to have a hand in shaping the tracks please feel free to attend the build days. There is one between 1 and 5pm tomorrow. If you can't jump a 1 foot lip then I suggest you ride around it or find another riding venue.

It takes a lot of effort to maintain these tracks and redoing work that others destroy is just annoying.

The only person who is authorized to work on the trails during the week is Deon and the authorized build days are under his authority. He has been issued with a permit by SANPARKS to that effect. If you are caught kicking jumps down or doing any impromptu work outside of this expect to pay a hefty fine and possibly face vandalism charges.

Guest Omega Man

Cool. Exept 4. Why not just make the landing shorter? I suppose for speed into the next bit... See you all there tomorrow.

Ja. I'm a bit worried about that cos at the race people are gonna be tired by the time they reach there. So it might be a crash hotspot for guys that aren't that good at jumping (me). Deon is gonna move the landing back a tad today if there is time after the digger is done.