Peter L

Got mine this week... Awesome magazine, I want the Specialized Goodies :drool:

Edited by lloydkayak

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received mine yesterday. I was under the impression that subscribers are to get it before it is in the shops. Hope it improves (Darn SAPO!!)

Received mine yesterday. I was under the impression that subscribers are to get it before it is in the shops. Hope it improves (Darn SAPO!!)

It will never in this country. Why?

It's a very small run so they finish the print run and then send it to the mailers and mag distributors. It gets to the PO and shops the same time but the PO takes 3-6 days to mail while the shops have them on the shelfs the next day.

It's like that with every SA magazine. Overseas they have a break in the dispatch process to get the subscribers out first.

I wan to know why we don't get the same subscriber deals like overseas mags do. With MBUK you actually get a pair of Shimano pedals. Not "Stand in line to win a pair". And you get a pretty good gift if you buy off the shelf. Yes the argument will be "Do you want a great mag or a free gift?". My answer is, with overseas mags you get both.

I wan to know why we don't get the same subscriber deals like overseas mags do. With MBUK you actually get a pair of Shimano pedals. Not "Stand in line to win a pair". And you get a pretty good gift if you buy off the shelf. Yes the argument will be "Do you want a great mag or a free gift?". My answer is, with overseas mags you get both.

Hoor hoor...I would still buy MBUK if it came with nothing, the extra gifts are the cherry on the top.

I've given up on a Tread subscription. Probably is the PO's fault, but end result is I never received my mags even after querying with Tread. Subscription probably ended by now anyway. I'll stick to overseas mags as much as I'd like to support local. Maybe once Tread is available digitally .......

I have also had endless problems with my subscription, not worth the frustration anymore

I've been a subscriber since the first issue. Only once did I not receive an issue, I e-mailed tread and they sent me another one & included a R150 meal voucher as well. Great service and great mag!

I recently subscribed to Tread and got my first issue in the post yesterday :clap:

Does anyone have these problems with other magazine subscriptions / is it specific to Tread? Personally, I always get my Bicycling mag, but had issues with my Ride subscription a few years back.

I recently subscribed to Tread and got my first issue in the post yesterday :clap:

Does anyone have these problems with other magazine subscriptions / is it specific to Tread? Personally, I always get my Bicycling mag, but had issues with my Ride subscription a few years back.

Also had problems with my tread subscription, luckily Donovan sorted it out for me. Very nice guy, but he isn't there anymore

It will never in this country. Why?

It's a very small run so they finish the print run and then send it to the mailers and mag distributors. It gets to the PO and shops the same time but the PO takes 3-6 days to mail while the shops have them on the shelfs the next day.

It's like that with every SA magazine. Overseas they have a break in the dispatch process to get the subscribers out first.

I know that some guys who subscribe to Bicyling gets it about a week before i can buy it in the shops

I don't know if it can be blamed on the Post Office, I had a Bicycle SA mag subscription and that was always on time. Bicycle mag would also send an SMS informing you that the mag was in the post and two days later you would get it.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone subscribe to the overseas magazines? I'm wondering if you can get one :unsure:

Slightly off topic, but does anyone subscribe to the overseas magazines? I'm wondering if you can get one :unsure:

Plenty of us do. What is it you are asking? If you can get one of our mags?

Look at Zinio. Now that I discovered Zinio on the iPad a whole world of magazines opened up for me. You can use it from the PC as well I see.

I've given up on a Tread subscription. Probably is the PO's fault, but end result is I never received my mags even after querying with Tread. Subscription probably ended by now anyway. I'll stick to overseas mags as much as I'd like to support local. Maybe once Tread is available digitally .......

The older copies of the mag are available on the Tread website.

Plenty of us do. What is it you are asking? If you can get one of our mags?

Can you buy the subscription and get it delivered to your front door with your little goodie. What does the subscription price work out to compared to buying it from CNA or Exclusive books ?

Thats what Im asking, if you wanna send me back copies TNT, I will PM you my address ;)