Sliverback surprise. Giant Dissapointment

MuddyMike

I love Giant bikes, but I gave up because of the Dragon's service. I e-mailed them and they don't respond...

I prefer Omnico, good service....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OT, but why does a big LBS like CWC not stock Giant.......... suppose its old news, but please share.

Is dragons not also the agent for Mavic? Who brings in their own Mavic wheels? CWC.

Would that be the next issue of tread dd, by the looks of things the "local" brands are upping the ante wrt value for money 29ers, the momsen 29ers also seem good value.

Ya, bit of a shameless plug .... Absolutely, Momsen 29ers are leading the way, that carbon model is spectacular! Victor does know his stuff and it shows. Alongside this latest Silverback, their offerings are extremely difficult to beat.

Not my place to mention names, but if your in Somerset West and have been supporting the local guys you will know who (where) the two Giant Stockists. Too their suprise they found out a few weeks ago they are no longer stockists and its now been awarded to a single LBS that never use to stock them.

The one LBS has now moved his Somerset West shop to another town near Oak Valley and is a big loss to our local LBS scene.

Their be Dragons.

I love Giant bikes, but I gave up because of the Dragon's service. I e-mailed them and they don't respond...

I prefer Omnico, good service....

I mailed OMNICO on 16 Feb, no reply yet, ended up phoning eventually.

One must keep a paper trail so yeah, its quicker to call but I prefer mail for that reason.

CWC dont stock Giant cause you have loads of other LBS who does stock them.....the online shop is unique, thats why they will always stock something you rarely find.....As for the Mavic, there is no rules stating that you can't imprt your own wheelsets, and so far their prices is way cheaper so again.....I think with my wallet....

as Dragons or who ever....I ordered a 2011 Giant Anthem for someone through Cycle Centre, had the bike within 3 days build and ready.....so clearly someone else is lacking?

It looks as though this is not the only time they have stopped supply without reason.......I wonder how many other dealers can tell a similar story. I wonder what the competition commsion would think of this anti-competitive behaviour, considering the cycling industry's not so perfect reputation?? Oh well so be it, I just wont buy any of their products. Thats the best form of sanction.

It looks as though this is not the only time they have stopped supply without reason.......I wonder how many other dealers can tell a similar story. I wonder what the competition commsion would think of this anti-competitive behaviour, considering the cycling industry's not so perfect reputation?? Oh well so be it, I just wont buy any of their products. Thats the best form of sanction.

Dragons has been in this business for 20+ years, and doesn't make stupid/nasty/malicious decisions. They make solid business decisions, and are unlikely to pull out of a shop that is actively selling their product. That is not the way you stay in business for so long.

Supporting guys who don't pay their bills is not good business practice.

I don't think you should rush to pass judgement on them on the strength of a thread on the hub. For all we know, the shops concerned had failed to pay their accounts - you will be amazed how bad some of the guys are at doing this simple thing - and are blaming Giant/Dragons instead of admitting they are at fault.

Well we all know how wonderful Giant's paint quality is... :thumbup:

Recently compared my 2009 Anthem to a mates 2008 Santa Cruz... mine looks ***...

You ALL MISSED the point of the original post....

he was ranting abvout how lekka a SILVERBACK was - and good value for money!!

The Drangons issue was just a "by the way" mention...

Bloody over sensitive bunch of roadies here??? :D :D :D

Not my place to mention names, snip...snip

The one LBS has now moved his Somerset West shop to another town near Oak Valley and is a big loss to our local LBS scene.

Their be Dragons.

HUH??? Who moved? And without saying goodbye nogal?? :D Talk about having a good relationship...and then they just leave without saying bye... :(

Recently compared my 2009 Anthem to a mates 2008 Santa Cruz... mine looks ***...

The fact that the Santa is at least 3 times as expensive has nothing to do with it? Bet you your Anthem can kick the but of a Santa Superlight in XC racing any day, and again at 1/3 of the cost.

And the Santa Cruz importers are soooo much better than the Giant ones.

:) :) :)

HUH??? Who moved? And without saying goodbye nogal?? :D Talk about having a good relationship...and then they just leave without saying bye... :(

who has moved ?