Single speed projects

divernick

So much of nice, I am looking for a gold / yellow chain tensioner for a project, what shops would you guys recommmend?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the rest of the collection :P (there are actually two Mongoose trail bikes that aren't in the photo - I wasn't going to get the down from up high)

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/general/bikes/DSCN3082.jpg

3 x SSers, Camissa, Cube, Intense, Intense, KHS, Monoq plus at any given time there are between 3 and 10 other bikes on the property.

Nice! Taking the n+1 to the extreme :thumbup:

For those of you interested...

I have been bitten by the singlespeed bug and have decided to restore an old retired MTB frame to a new steed.

The old frame in question is a Marin Bobcat trail 2005 - gun metal grey with a few scratches and dings.

I have bought a product called Plasti Dip to coat the frame with a new matt black coat in order to revive the frame a bit. This stuff is awesome! It has such a great finish and you don't need to be a panelbeater to spray it evenly. I couldn't find it at Builders Warehouse so got it directly from the South African agents, what a pleasure.

Below, see the pictures of the frame before and after the Plasti Dip

post-5240-0-34922900-1348650015_thumb.jpg

post-5240-0-48120300-1348650030_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you think

More pics to follow

For those of you interested...

I have been bitten by the singlespeed bug and have decided to restore an old retired MTB frame to a new steed.

The old frame in question is a Marin Bobcat trail 2005 - gun metal grey with a few scratches and dings.

I have bought a product called Plasti Dip to coat the frame with a new matt black coat in order to revive the frame a bit. This stuff is awesome! It has such a great finish and you don't need to be a panelbeater to spray it evenly. I couldn't find it at Builders Warehouse so got it directly from the South African agents, what a pleasure.

Below, see the pictures of the frame before and after the Plasti Dip

post-5240-0-34922900-1348650015_thumb.jpg

post-5240-0-48120300-1348650030_thumb.jpg

Let me know what you think

More pics to follow

Very nice. Is the plastidip available in other colours?

The above one was outsourced - sorry don't know the name. The others I did myself...

Spandana was having fun lining all the bikes up against the wall last night.

The 3 SSWC bike plus fixie:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/general/bikes/DSCN3080.jpg

edit: my slightly orange GT was not finished at that stage. I will post another pic.

What's with all the suspension forks on the SS's ?

Getting soft??

Slick! Sick looking bikes bro, the orange one can be a bit more orange though ;)

Would you by any chance spray my cranks if I paid you...?

Spraying is the easy part. Removing the old paint can be your job. Okay?

Thanx slick, I think I might actually just strip the paint and polish it, it will match my stem then :D

Thanx slick, I think I might actually just strip the paint and polish it, it will match my stem then :D

Sounds good. :thumbup:

Hi All,

I'm busy with my first project of converting an 80s Gotty Hansen to a SS and I want to order wheels from Espresso Wheels in the UK - see http://espressowheels.com and pics below.

The cost is GBP 129 per set of flip/flop wheels and the delivery is GBP 70 to SA. I was wondering if there is anyone on this forum that might be interested in a wheelset from them as well, and to split the delivery cost with me?

Please let me know.

Regards

Pieter

Thanks for the suggestion Teddibear

I've looked at the link you posted and it actually works out to be about GBP 20 more, because I need the set and not just the back wheel.

They do have a lot of options, but nothing that looks quite like what I had in mind.

I'll give it another day or two and if there's no one else, I'll just cough up for delivery.

Took my new ss project for her maiden voyage this afternoon. Man was it cool, I can really see this getting 'super-addictive'. My 'normal' bikes might start gathering some dust. It made me feel like a kid again, no worrying about gears, speed, etc just riding for pure enjoyment.