Single speed projects

divernick

Hi All,

I'm busy with my first project of converting an 80s Gotty Hansen to a SS and I want to order wheels from Espresso Wheels in the UK - see http://espressowheels.com and pics below.

The cost is GBP 129 per set of flip/flop wheels and the delivery is GBP 70 to SA. I was wondering if there is anyone on this forum that might be interested in a wheelset from them as well, and to split the delivery cost with me?

Please let me know.

Regards

Pieter

I haven't seen a Gotty track bike, don't you want to post a pic???

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have started a new project bike today. I bought a Marin frame off the classifieds. It's silver anodized and almost in mint condition.

I'm using a rigid carbon fork and will make it a budget weight weenie build.

Anyone have a standard 1 1/8" external headset for me?

post-19617-0-65956400-1350142601_thumb.jpg

Edited by divernick

Yes, I know this isn't going to be everybody's 'cup of tea', and I'm sure I'm going to get lots of comments about why I did this or that.

I've actually thought long and hard about if it was even worth posting pics, just to get ripped apart by someone who thinks they have better taste.

Be that as it may, this is my latest ss project that I completed a couple of weeks ago.

Before:

look-before.jpg

After:

ss-look01.jpg

ss-look02.jpg

Yes, I know this isn't going to be everybody's 'cup of tea', and I'm sure I'm going to get lots of comments about why I did this or that.

I've actually thought long and hard about if it was even worth posting pics, just to get ripped apart by someone who thinks they have better taste.

Be that as it may, this is my latest ss project that I completed a couple of weeks ago.

Flippen awesome Wazza!

You've managed to create a pretty unique looking fixie(I know it may not be a fixie)/ commuter/ messenger type bike just when they were all starting to look the same.

Edited by Ryanpmb

Before:

look-before.jpg

After:

ss-look01.jpg

ss-look02.jpg

That is way cool

Flippen awesome Wazza!

You've managed to create a pretty unique looking fixie(I know it may not be a fixie)/ commuter/ messenger type bike just when they were all starting to look the same.

That is way cool

Thanks guys. It took a LOT of 'elbow grease' to sand all that paint off. I had a very clear idea in mind: to create something highly original, that had a bit of a grungy/old city/graffiti etc etc inspiration.

Before:

look-before.jpg

After:

ss-look01.jpg

ss-look02.jpg

Very nice! What is the front wheel?

YOH!!! That Look is looking fly Wazza' ! :D :D :D

Thanks Joker, yeah, not bad for a 20+ year old bike - she cleaned up nicely.

Very nice! What is the front wheel?

I bought it from State Bicycle in the US. They do track wheels only, so had to get it rebuilt locally onto a road hub.

Wazza were you cruising on the beachfront about 2 or 3 days ago with that bike?

Nice bike btw

Wazza were you cruising on the beachfront about 2 or 3 days ago with that bike?

Nice bike btw

NO fabes, I've only ridden it a few times through the Walmer area.

+ Very good use of sticker bomb :P

Thought so too. Gave me that graffiti look, and also saved me sanding down the seat tube :cursing:

I don't want to see sandpaper for a looong time.

I dont give a hoot what anybody says.

Awesome awesome awesome bike. Perfect balance of bad ass and city sleek.

Would love to see it in person