Single speed projects

divernick

So 3" tire in the front and normal at rear? 

I also like that idea. 

But Came across this in my  "krampus research." 

They did basically that in pic #4  with the BERGAMONT Revox 

http://twentynineinches.com/2012/10/29/surly-krampus-final-review/

They did not like it to much . . . but that is just them and it was a light carbon hardtail.

You might have a totally different setup. 

Just thought I'll share the info. I hope it helps. 

That oke is an embarrassment in his hipster wannabe clown outfit. FML. Fail.

As an aside a Fox fork fits the Knard. Just. But it does.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

I looked at the Gates Carbon belt . :thumbup: . .

but man . .  I'll be damned it I  cut a joint in the rear triangle, or let anybody do it . ..  :blush:

I am just not liberal (aka "skytbang" ) enough to do that.

Yeah better not. it would be better to just use a dedicated frame intended for belt drive.

That oke is an embarrassment in his hipster wannabe clown outfit. FML. Fail.

As an aside a Fox fork fits the Knard. Just. But it does.

HAHA that is one fugly kit. Although I never judge a dudes outfit if he is riding SS. Crazy people will wear crazy clothes!

Thanks.

I looked at the Gates Carbon belt . :thumbup: . .

but man . .  I'll be damned it I  cut a joint in the rear triangle, or let anybody do it . ..  :blush:

I am just not liberal (aka "skytbang" ) enough to do that.

Has always surprised me that even with removable drop outs they never left a little gap between the seat and chain stay...

HAHA that is one fugly kit. Although I never judge a dudes outfit if he is riding SS. Crazy people will wear crazy clothes!

Agreed but there ain't no SS there...

Guest notmyname

Like this ????

image.jpg

Sick ride bud. Way way waaaaay sick. It's so Ritchie right? Sure I saw a thread with that build.

Sick ride bud. Way way waaaaay sick. It's so Ritchie right? Sure I saw a thread with that build.

Thanks man you are right its a Ritchey .I still have a few finishing touches to complete but almost there and enjoying every ride. Ant to top it off the lightest bike i own at 9KG's

My XL single speed comes in at 12.5kg. That's with a dropper, suspension fork, and maxxis ardents front and back. Sure I could shave some weight, but I love riding it just so....

Guest notmyname

Thanks man you are right its a Ritchey .I still have a few finishing touches to complete but almost there and enjoying every ride. Ant to top it off the lightest bike i own at 9KG's

Awesome. I saw a p29'er at modders on Saturday such a sick thing.

And with that said, young small fry retrieved the n+1 dream list and began to weep as he added yet another line.

Edited by Small Fry

Does anyone here know where I can get a good single speed coaster hub here in S.A? You know - the old back pedal brake type. Want to build up a a single speed bike but this will be shopping item no.1. If I cannot find a descent one, I won't carry on.

Better post up my 25 year old bike project here... :)

Looked like this last week - credit where credit is due... he can out himself..

post-29797-0-99462600-1433341663_thumb.jpg

Looks like this now - again - credit where credit is due... he can out himself.. or not - as the case may be...

post-29797-0-41353200-1433341609_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the help lads.. much much appreciated..

Collecting it tomorrow and by next week - hopefully will have some paint on.... and may even be ridable....

V12 what frame is that? I love the attention to detail grinding the cable guides off...