divernick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

umm just went and looked... its not carbon :(

silverback spectra 3

You pretty much have tensioner or magic gear options... 

'

tensioners look so........ terrible! should have bought that on one 26er frame when I had the chance!

hi Slowbee....Will do my best to remember to send you the pic tomorrow. If you are in a hurry, it should be under the latest show your ss mtb thread. It works and looks neater than a rear tensioner.

tensioners look so........ terrible! should have bought that on one 26er frame when I had the chance!

hi Slowbee....Will do my best to remember to send you the pic tomorrow. If you are in a hurry, it should be under the latest show your ss mtb thread. It works and looks neater than a rear tensioner.

thanks Hairy - I have time, so will be willing to wait.

but hurry up and send the pic please :)

As requested....the slack in the chain has been taken up a bit since this pic was taken.

post-5403-0-61715000-1441015260.jpg

As requested....the slack in the chain has been taken up a bit since this pic was taken.

post-5403-0-61715000-1441015260.jpg

Disclaimer, I am only braai'ing with charcoal due to using up all my wood!

Hairy would you use a problem solvers EBB?

if my frame was compatible I most certainly would do so

guys, is there a way to get a ss using a vertical drop out frame without having to use a chain tensioner thingy?

edit: half links came up in google - but frazzled the brain a bit so I thought I would ask.

One of these will do the "Trick" it's an eccentric BB for BSA BB's (I think I posted this before somewhere?):

P.S. Don't look at the price...

"Trickstuff wouldn’t be Trickstuff without such highlights as the Exzentriker. This is the first and worldwide unique eccentric bottom bracket that can be mounted in normal BSA bottom bracket housings and will accept any conventional 24 millimeter bottom bracket spindle (e.g. Shimano Hollowtech II and many others). It allows infinite chain adjustment for single-speed bikes or gear hub bikes (e.g. Rohloff) and dispenses with chain tighteners or adjustable drop outs."

http://www.trickstuff.de/en/products/exzentriker_KL.php

http://www.trickstuff.de/bilder_PRODUKTE/EXZENTRIKER/Exzentriker_Schwarz_630.jpg

http://www.trickstuff.de/bilder_PRODUKTE/EXZENTRIKER/Exzentriker3.jpg

Edited by Kiwi