Single speed projects

divernick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SkinnySweatySmellyMan .... prices dude prices ... all I am looking for is a clean and simple 34 and 36t with a 104 BCD :)

have got to ask the weight weenie question.

how much do they weigh?

These are quite heavy :whistling: , I don't have a scale with me at the moment so can't weigh them. I will probably put the one on the left back on the machine and do some more cut-outs in them.

I will be getting some Ali later in the week and will see what those will be like. I'm just super busy at the moment so getting time on the machine to play is minimal at the moment.

These are quite heavy :whistling: , I don't have a scale with me at the moment so can't weigh them. I will probably put the one on the left back on the machine and do some more cut-outs in them.

I will be getting some Ali later in the week and will see what those will be like. I'm just super busy at the moment so getting time on the machine to play is minimal at the moment.

Out of interest one would imagine that the running cost on a water cutter is less than something like a lazer cutter?

SkinnySweatySmellyMan .... prices dude prices ... all I am looking for is a clean and simple 34 and 36t with a 104 BCD :)

I'll have some proper pricing for you over the next week, today was playing more then anything, so I wasn't taking accurate cutting times. I also need to take into account the time for finishing them off.

I'll have some proper pricing for you over the next week, today was playing more then anything, so I wasn't taking accurate cutting times. I also need to take into account the time for finishing them off.

Start the bidding

Out of interest one would imagine that the running cost on a water cutter is less than something like a lazer cutter?

Waterjet cutting is more expensive then laser, but with waterjet cutting you don't have the heat transfer like you do with a laser cutter, it also depends on the thickness of the material being cut. The both have their advantages & disadvantages, a laser cutter is gonna be our next toy. :clap:

I've also been suggested to use EN9 nitrided. This is all new to me so I'm also on a bit of a learning curve. I'm doing a lot of reading/ researching at the moment as I want to be able to offer a quality product.

I Had the frame and stem anodised and the crank and chain ring powder coated. Managed to find the magic gear with my half link chain, so for now the tensioner is in my toolbox. Bars were trimmed and Bob, my mate from my former CAAD2 MTB frame has come along for the ride.

post-388-0-84167500-1372930187_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-74493600-1372930208_thumb.jpg

post-388-0-71951200-1372930219_thumb.jpg

I Had the frame and stem anodised and the crank and chain ring powder coated. Managed to find the magic gear with my half link chain, so for now the tensioner is in my toolbox. Bars were trimmed and Bob, my mate from my former CAAD2 MTB frame has come along for the ride.

Nice looking machine :drool:

Thanks. That you Billy Rae???

Indeed it is :thumbup: . I'm picking up my new frame tomorrow from CWC, so my build will start to take place. I've got so much still to buy.

CAAD4, what ratio you running? I want to try and make do without a tensioner.

Anybody got a set of road wheels they want to sell me? :whistling: I'm looking at these in the classifieds, are they any good and worth what the seller is asking?

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/52527-bontrager-select-wheelset/ or https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/20716-alx-320-wheelset/ or https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/51623-price-drop-shimano-wh-535/

This is my first road bike so I'm fairly clueless about wheelsets & parts. I'm building a SS for commuting but also trying too keep costs down as much as possible.

Edited by SkinnySweatyMan

I've also been suggested to use EN9 nitrided. This is all new to me so I'm also on a bit of a learning curve. I'm doing a lot of reading/ researching at the moment as I want to be able to offer a quality product.

this is something i still want to do here at work..

post-12682-0-99532000-1372937783_thumb.jpg