Single speed projects

divernick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to paint this frame matte black but am concerned about whether it would need a matte clear coat to protect the paintwork, which I don't seem to be able to get locally. Has anyone been through this ?

So, Chinachristmas arrived this morning with two brand new carbon rigid forks, wahoooo!!!

29er tapered rigid fork, matt finish, 9mm QR, nice carbon weave showing.

$110 each, free postage, 9 days from order to door and an amazing R115 Vat and clearance costs. So, all in they cost lesss than R1200 each!!!

Go Flyxii........!!!!!!

post-10227-0-11687000-1374232466_thumb.jpg

post-10227-0-93703900-1374232506_thumb.jpg

Right, so I have no successfully converted my Trusty "Steve" into one times awesome single speed machine!!! See some of my pics!!

Just one question as i new to this: Is it compulsory for me to buy a bell, as i am now officially a single speeder???? Just need to know, dont want to make a fool out of myself out there!!!

post-47058-0-22087600-1374235460_thumb.jpgpost-47058-0-38846500-1374235465_thumb.jpg

Right, so I have no successfully converted my Trusty "Steve" into one times awesome single speed machine!!! See some of my pics!!

Just one question as i new to this: Is it compulsory for me to buy a bell, as i am now officially a single speeder???? Just need to know, dont want to make a fool out of myself out there!!!

Just by asking the question makes me wonder why you've built a SS...

Ride the bike how you want to. Bell. No bell. Gears. One gear.

Edited by Ryanpmb

Ride the bike how you want to. Bell. No bell. Gears. No gears.

Haa haa verry true, Ride i shall and its going to be awesome!!!

Ride the bike how you want to. Bell. No bell. Gears. No gears.

Technically you do need gears to ride the bike, be it a single gear. If you do not apply this principle it would be a push bike.

Bell if you like and no bell if you don't like, but it will help telling the multiple geared bikes to get out the way when you are passing them ;)

Technically you do need gears to ride the bike, be it a single gear. If you do not apply this principle it would be a push bike.

Bell if you like and no bell if you don't like, but it will help telling the multiple geared bikes to get out the way when you are passing them ;)

Fixed

With the big grin on your face they will know you are on a SS, so no need for a bell ;)

But they wont hear you coming because your SS is silent ... like a ninja or a pink elephant

But they wont hear you coming because your SS is silent ... like a ninja or a pink elephant

Great so No Bell it is (for now) but keep an eye out for the ninja pink elephant this weekend!!!

So, Chinachristmas arrived this morning with two brand new carbon rigid forks, wahoooo!!!

$110 each, free postage, 9 days from order to door and an amazing R115 Vat and clearance costs. So, all in they cost lesss than R1200 each!!!

Go Flyxii........!!!!!!

Where did you order these from?? They are super smooth looking and thats a great price too!!!

Where did you order these from?? They are super smooth looking and thats a great price too!!!

Chinaside..........Flyxii bikes, http://flyxii.com/products.asp

Was my first venture into the China market but all went well, very well!

Go Flyxii........!!!!!!

Fit the bloody things and let us know how they roll already!