Single speed projects

divernick

The tree above the hump is hanging low at the moment, you have to duck, killing all chances of building momentum. I had to walk the last 1/4 of the climb on Wednesday...

Pleased to report that said tree has been cut back! I have also been able to successfully negotiate that climb a few times now ..... this however may well be more down to the few kilos I have shed  :ph34r:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased to report that said tree has been cut back! I have also been able to successfully negotiate that climb a few times now ..... this however may well be more down to the few kilos I have shed  :ph34r:

Yup, you appear to be correct Sir, we went through that section in reverse last night and it was no longer in the way.

Yup, you appear to be correct Sir, we went through that section in reverse last night and it was no longer in the way.

How was the bike with the new bar?

How was the bike with the new bar?

Bar was awesome, actually the ride was awesome too, Mr B pushed us but didn't try kill us.

The rigid fork takes a little getting used to and having to pick the lines more carefully is fun in the dark but all in all I'm quite chuffed to have the GT back as option to ride, still one of the more comfortable HTs I've ridden.

Still need to weigh it but if my squishy bike is 10kg then i reckon this is close to 9kg.

Will post a decent pic once i can get out in the sun on the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the photo was taken, I have a replaced the front rings with a 36. Rear is a 17 from the cluster. 

36-17... Not a KZN cyclist then...  ^_^

***spam alert****

going out of business sale.

Soma Juice, 17.5", big wheels, thin tubes.

grab a Tange Prestige SS beauty for Momsen money......

***spam alert****

going out of business sale.

Soma Juice, 17.5", big wheels, thin tubes.

grab a Tange Prestige SS beauty for Momsen money......

sorry it never worked out for you Rock!

36-17... Not a KZN cyclist then...  ^_^

Nope. From Jhb. Everything is relatively flat here.

Even a 36:15 is fine for normal road riding.

But, for an event like the Van Gaalen's 75 or Hakahana 75, it wouldn't be advisable to higher than 2:1 ... some challenging climbs on those races. 

The pic shows the 44:21 setup for the Juma race; after that I got a bling green chain and the new 36 for the front.  

My new SS project almost complete. Just need to order new cog and spacer kit.

I think I recognise that stem...?

I think I recognise that stem...?

Hahaha!! Absolutely. Nothing wrong with your memory.

Matching stem and handlebar????????????????. Nothing like a bit of bling to spice things up.