Sub 3 Club Cape Argus 2011

andretraut

@atraut - were you in red spez kit? I was riding a Celeste and Yellow Bianchi with Metropolitan kit - was out front or towards the front of the bunch a lot. I remember a red spez kit coming past me up Suikerbossie and being in the mix until the end.

Jip SirK, it was me in red Spez kit. I marked you on Suikerbossie. Had a miss shift and a derailled chain as we hit Chappies, and had a lot of recovery to do when we got to Suikerbossie. Well done on your awesome time!:clap:

Must of been sram (Andy)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:angry: All you speed freaks :cursing: I got a 4:03 om my watch started in RR. 1:15 minutes better than last year though :thumbup: . Had a flat a few traffic jams

Hang in there Leet 22 - most of us have been where u were today (fighting traffic from the back) - kudos too, 4:03 from RR is great going!

If u do a few more races before next Argus - your seeding will improve dramatically as well.

Good luck mate!

You were with the top guys of the E-bunch?

I came from L-group and I think I just made it or just missed it (how do they take your group exact start time?! When the first rider crosses the mats?)

Came 2nd in my group.

When does results usually come in?

Correct me if I am wrong

With Championchip (Comrades) you can track a person when they go over a couple of mats on the route and at the finish. The results are up immediately.

Why can't Losingtime (Racetec) get it right

Edited by chris_w_65

No sub 3 for me this year, but it was not expected either. Also suffer from gear maladies (see under thread Argus 2011 technicals) Still happy with my 3:21 odd. Twenty minutes better than last year, bang in the middle of my expected time of between 3:15 and 3:30.

Well done to all the Sub 3 riders. :clap: :clap:

Edited by Wannabe

Well done you super hero Sub 3 riders... gr8 going! I could only dream of riding like that and at least I have some riders tht I can aspire to :clap: One day when I am a bit stronger then I might be able to be there... I managed an individual Time Trial from Corporate Group KK, worked pretty hard on my own for about 90% of the ride and managed to squeeze in a 3:53 ( + 2 little technicals and a quick stop to give the kids a hug and kiss at the top of Suikerbossie)! :thumbup:

After my first road race today all i can say is you guys are pretty incredible to get sub 3's, much respect! That ain't an easy feat.

Well done boys!

Correct me if I am wrong

With Championchip (Comrades) you can track a person when they go over a couple of mats on the route and at the finish. The results are up immediately.

Why can't Losingtime (Racetec) get it right

The chips/systems are virtually identical.

Comrades doesn't have a brazillion seeded groups to process, cross-check and finalise. One start time for everybody, makes it very simple to post results almost immediately.

I suppose, in principle, argus could post your finish time fairly quickly, but final positions take a while, understandably.

The chips/systems are virtually identical.

Comrades doesn't have a brazillion seeded groups to process, cross-check and finalise. One start time for everybody, makes it very simple to post results almost immediately.

I suppose, in principle, argus could post your finish time fairly quickly, but final positions take a while, understandably.

Pity that it cant be put up as you finish on a LCD screen.Imagine as you finish you can go over to a screen and see how you did. Im sure its possible to do preliminary results that way, maybe the software is up to that level yet.

@SirK I was the guy on the Willier who told you that you were an absolute BEAST going up Suilerbossie. I have 2:57:27 on my Garmin but who knows!!! All I did was look for the Bianchi. GREAT effort mate.

GREAT ride to all my fellow E-mates. You were all STRONG! I loved it when we rolled through Suikerbossie and the announcer said something like, "OH, there goes D group...blah blah blah..." and then, "OH, and some E's, Those are the E leaders people!!!" Whooo hhoooooo!

Best

Tristan

So who made a sub 3 in the 2011 Cape Argus? If my Garmin is correct, I came in from E group just in time to beat the clock for a sub 3. Will have to wait for official Racetec results to confirm my joy!

@atraut were you the Brit on the Specialized?

Well done E guys awesome ride also finished in the first E bunch my garmin had 2.59 so will wait and see later what official results are.Was on the red Bianchi with Cape SPCA kit :D