Liezel vd Westhuizen crashes - out of ironman PE

Shebeen

I have never seen such a bunch of whining, bitching, moaning, gossiping girls in one space before... are you all having your monthly hormones at the same time?

WTF... ! Maybe she stopped en route to have a biscuit and tea, maybe she had a mechanical, maybe she wanted a slow ride or maybe thats just her best time. So what? Let her be. She knows what Ironman is all about and she is giving it a go. If she finishes in 16hrs59: well done! There'll be a next time if she doesn't finish. Its not the end of the bloody world and actually has nothing to do with anybody but herself.

Good luck Liezl!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This site seems to be full of school yard bullies who haven't moved on from the playground yet.

This thread is another example of people who like to throw their little barbs from the sidelines. What exactly did this lady do to warrant being targeted?

Liezl, sorry to hear about the fall. Hope you recover in time for your iron man. All the best.

I think there is a sense that she wants to be a serious athlete but is making some silly mistakes, and probably all of us have. It's one thing to broadcast to the world that you're doing the Ironman, it's another matter how you do it. But each of us is different and I think allowed to have their opinion and preferences.

She's FAMOUS. Like Charlie Sheen. Comes with the territory, and sometimes OSCAR.

disagree with you this time drongo! It was uncool to place something like this in the first place! just keep in mind that she has nothing to prove to anybody in the first place, she could easily join the rest of the socialites at virgin active for their personal trainer fueled half hour cardio session, what she is doing is commendable in my book! getting out there working hard... blood sweat and tears to reach a goal. Can you imagine how she must feel after putting in so much work for the iron man and then having a crash and missing out due to injury?? i know the feeling and it sucks!! we should feel sorry for her not be taking the piss!!

Edited by Face Plant

Wow, guys really shooting from the hip here.

Taken from the context of the article I don't think anything originally said was out of line.

BUT I should NEVER have taken something from YOU magazine as fact, even if news24 thought they could.

of course all these celeb types are twitterati, http://twitter.com/liezelv

so I now know:

crashed into a pavement

@FraserMcH sillysilly, fell off when my bike hit a pavement and then had 2stAy oveR nigHt for observations.

that she has fractured her pelvis(lightly)

Lite fracture to Pelvis- I'm stuck in hospital for a week,after falling off my bicycle on the way home from Argus

is on a zimmer frame

My link

don't know why the paid journalists couldn't work that out first

some good research there CT, thanks for the background check. It is one of the most disappointing things to train for IM and then be sidelined, because in terms of motivation and training and time and energy invested, it's quite a loss. I've experienced that twice, so in that sense heart goes out to Liezel.

She fell off her bike. :blush:

So what?

Haven't you YOU readers, who have bikes, ever fallen off before??

Idiots!

Moving on....

Wow, guys really shooting from the hip here.

Taken from the context of the article I don't think anything originally said was out of line.

BUT I should NEVER have taken something from YOU magazine as fact, even if news24 thought they could.

of course all these celeb types are twitterati, http://twitter.com/liezelv

so I now know:

crashed into a pavement

@FraserMcH sillysilly, fell off when my bike hit a pavement and then had 2stAy oveR nigHt for observations.

that she has fractured her pelvis(lightly)

Lite fracture to Pelvis- I'm stuck in hospital for a week,after falling off my bicycle on the way home from Argus

is on a zimmer frame

My link

don't know why the paid journalists couldn't work that out first

some good research there CT, thanks for the background check. It is one of the most disappointing things to train for IM and then be sidelined, because in terms of motivation and training and time and energy invested, it's quite a loss. I've experienced that twice, so in that sense heart goes out to Liezel.

disagree with you this tim drongo! was uncool to place something like this in the first place! just keep in mind that she has nothing to prove to anybody in the first place she could easily join the rest of the socialites at virgin active for their personal trainer fueled half hour cardio session, what she is doing is commendable in my book! getting out there working hard... blood sweat and tears to reach a goal. Can you imagine how she must feel after putting in so much work for the iron man and then having a crash and missing out due to injury?? i know the feeling and it sucks!! we should feel sorry for her not be taking the piss!!

Buddy, then you better not move to the UK, there the tabloids are merciless.

I am stating a fact. I'm not stating that I agree with it!

And I don't read Tabloids - except for The Hub.

I don't even feel sorry for myself when I fall off my bicycle, but if it makes you happy, all the best to her, and may she be back in the saddle soonish!

Peace out.

Oh..thanks for all the other times you have agreed...really.

Edited by The Drongo

And SteveCT.

Thanks for the research, but feel free to post your apology to the stunning lady, anytime soon.

Like that other IDIOT NUBBIN did.

And SteveCT.

Thanks for the research, but feel free to post your apology to the stunning lady, anytime soon.

oi, play the comment, not the person.,.. be nice !

I don't read YOU or watch IDOLS, but she's a Lady on a Bicycle and she's good on the eyes.

Here's an update from her twitter ;)

liezelv Liezel vd Westhuizen

Just got good and BAD News: Good News- I can go home! BAD NEWS Lite Fracture2Pelvis = NO IRONMAN :-(

3 minutes ago

Edited by nathrix™ ®

Buddy, then you better not move to the UK, there the tabloids are merciless.

I am stating a fact. I'm not stating that I agree with it!

And I don't read Tabloids - except for The Hub.

I don't even feel sorry for myself when I fall off my bicycle, but if it makes you happy, all the best to her, and may she be back in the saddle soonish!

Peace out.

Oh..thanks for all the other times you have agreed...really.

sniff .... was that sarcasm? not too sure

who needs tabloids if we have the hub

oi, play the comment, not the person.,.. be nice !

SLOWBEE - for the record..

I will laugh along with guys like BIG H (missing him already).

I will not laugh along with ( insert your word here) who denigrate women, or abuse children and animals.

Everything else is fair game, including Australians.

I could have called him far worse than a NUBBIN - which i believe was 'well played sir'!

No apology given, written 'play nice' noted. :thumbup:

SLOWBEE - for the record..

I will laugh along with guys like BIG H (missing him already).

I will not laugh along with ( insert your word here) who denigrate women, or abuse children and animals.

Everything else is fair game, including Australians.

I could have called him far worse than a NUBBIN - which i believe was 'well played sir'!

No apology given, written 'play nice' noted. :thumbup:

SEE now we back to total agreement :lol:

In reply to the pm with the same content.

SteveCT, and any idiot who seems to share his shoolyard bully mentality - GROW UP!

Hey Ron, I only started this thread linking that article - it's cycling related. I do regret the thread topic line now(how do i re-edit thread titles - mods - possible?), since I have learnt a bit more about Liezel's 2010 IM finish - but going on the original article it didn't seem that inappropriate. I can't totally apologise for the comments and reactions from the general hub public, as I don't think I actively stoked any fires.

I happen to know Liezel personally and have been to the hospital after her accident. She has been seriously injured and feels let down about the fact that she won't be able to participate in this year's Iron Man Challenge. Not only is her injury a fact, but she has also taken part in Iron Man before. Successfully, I might add.

Ja, I and all who have read this thread now know that. Fractured pelvis? ja i've got that t-shirt - plenty of sympathy there from me. Spent 10 days in hospital and 3 months off the bike.

To now suddenly turn around and superficially apologise about your tactless rant, blaming the staff at YOU Magazine for a poor reporting job, is probably even more tactless in itself. WHO READS YOU MAGAZINE!?

my tactless rant? i just quoted the article with a comment that it seems like a really unbelievable JRA story. JRA = Just Riding Along. Which is exactly how the article described it.

I actually read it first on news24 - who had transcribed it directly from YOU with no editing. It didn't exactly paint her in the best of lights and left a lot of open questions, especially the nature of injuries - I cleared up those facts in 5 minutes from Liezel's twitter and reposted them here. Talk of 'serious injury' being explained as 'bruising, scrapes, bumps and cuts'.

Get a job, or a lover or something normal in your life. You must be very sad and lonely if you enjoy berating people in such a public way.

no comment on that one.

Seriously though, she's a public figure and I'm sure journalists get it wrong often. I'm glad I could add some facts with a bit of research on her twitter before it got too out of hand(ja, you're new here - this is tame). I'll change the topic title, and if it's really such a big issue I'll be quite happy to apologise to her personally - pm me her contact details (i don't tweet)

And SteveCT.

Wots a Nubbin?

Sounds like a good word for my toolbox

And see now what that dumb thread about banning etc has done now!