Liezel vd Westhuizen crashes - out of ironman PE

Shebeen

I'm not a newbie and I get told daily how *** I am, sometimes even with a klap or two :(

Yeah but we do it lovingly ;)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you're kidding, right?

where should i start?! - a week in hospital to learn how to walk??

i think she's trying to look for an excuse to get out of doing that pe race

and now you're talking BS because she attempted it last year, and just didn't finish! Get your facts together.

She is not a newcomer. She has done a few triathlons. She was quite shocked when she interviewed David Bellairs last week and he told he she needed to remove her tri-bars from her bike.

Exactly my point.

AT the risk of sounding like a bleeding heart liberal - you don't know what you don't know. Should we be making fun of anyone that isn't a cycling expert?

It's a bit like the bully video - we sneak in a few mental punches and have a group snigger because she's not doing sub 3 argus' and doesn't know tri bars are illegal?

oooh, wow, i do apologise. got a rant on PM to do more research.

turns out she HAS done an ironman before - last year infact

http://www.triangle.cc/event/Displayresults.asp?FN=Liezel&LN=Van+Der+Westhuizen&ID=100891&searchstr=van%20der%20westhuizenresults&cache=3/16/2011%2010:19:28%20AM

Year Race # Swim Cycle Run Total Time 2010 596 01:30:42 07:42:35 06:34:14 16:19:55

looked further into the story, and its originated from YOU magazine. so maybe there's a lot of dumb blonde inserted by the magazine staff. but 4h20(or is it 4h39?!) is not exactly smoking 3 weeks from ironman.

http://www.triangle.cc/event/Displayresults.asp?FN=Liezel&LN=Van+Der+Westhuizen&ID=100891&searchstr=van%20der%20westhuizenresults&cache=3/16/2011%2010:19:28%20AM

Year Race # Swim Cycle Run Total Time 2010 596 01:30:42 07:42:35 06:34:14 16:19:55

looked further into the story, and its originated from YOU magazine. so maybe there's a lot of dumb blonde inserted by the magazine staff. but 4h20(or is it 4h39?!) is not exactly smoking 3 weeks from ironman.

So what !

Screw being a bleeding heart liberal - give us your time hero so we can make fun of it.

If its that tall blonde chick we are talking about,,,, she's hot?? i wouldnt give a damn if she cant walk, .....................

(Your post has been edited)

IronMan is going to be fun if she thinks 4:20 is a good time.

why not - 7hrs9mins on the bike isnt too bad - its still going to be a respectable 13 or 14hr ironman

Not everyone wants to win the argus/ironman/epic

some people do it just to be a part of something awesome

Well at least she's not sitting on her very pretty behind doing nothing, and she has the guts to attempt/do an Ironman, which I will never even dream of. So flame me for that.

Since when is an 3 /sub 4 Argus(???) a requirement for Ironman?

If its that tall blonde chick we are talking about,,,, she's hot?? i wouldnt give a damn if she cant walk, as long as she can go down on all 4's!!!!

You do, of course, realise that we are not:

a) all men

B) all drunk

c) all at a strip club

You're a whole different kind of special.

wtf dude?

thats totally uncalled for

Coming from a guy with "I ussually cry during sex....... " at the bottom of his posts???

Screw being a bleeding heart liberal - give us your time hero so we can make fun of it.

+1 .... Some folk are very quick to jump on the band wagon and slag her off. More lame than the actual article.

You do, of course, realise that we are not:

a) all men

B) all drunk

c) all at a strip club

You're a whole different kind of special.

Trash

Since when is an 3 /sub 4 Argus(???) a requirement for Ironman?

+1

It paralyses my left toe that the Argus time is the definitive in cycling achievement :cursing:

Edited by DaLoCo