I think she is famous.

Will check with the wife.

Don't hold your breath.....

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ironman cut off is 17 hours. There are also cut off times for the swim (2h20), Bike (10h30 total time).

Thus it is a challenge achievable to the masses. Ironman is only a race for a select few athletes. The other 1500 people are competing against them self. And a finish is most of the times even better than a win for the pro's.

My wife is doing her first Ironman in April after having two kids. She is aiming for the late 15h mark but 16h59 will also do. Then ive got a climbing mate who fell of a rock and broke both ancles bad. had numerous operations and he is also doing it. He is planning to walk the marathon.

Point is Ironman is for anyone with guts and determination and most people have very different back grounds and expectations. Maybe better not to judge on face value.

This is my Post-Of-The-Day...

Thank you, FC&P2C! :thumbup:

post-4329-0-64858500-1300283193.jpg

I'm sorry, but if you cycle around looking like this, you need to be punished.

I know! I mean - a livestrong band? Really??

I know! I mean - a livestrong band? Really??

I thought you referred to the powerbalance?? :blink:

I thought you referred to the powerbalance?? :blink:

You see that violin thing on your sofa??

Start the 'powerwobble' thing again an I'm gonna have to smack you with that instrument!!

wow some guys are brutal on The Hub, this poor girl is devastated already that she is out of Ironman 2011 and here guys are ragging her about her time (which she was happy with, all that matters)to what clothes she is wearing. Who cares any sport you do is about achieving your goals you have set out.

If a new comer to cycling had to read this thread it would be hard to convince them that there are some nice people in the sport. Luckily i met a whole bunch of nice people when i started doing triathlons and Ironman events before reading some of this crap you people come up with on the hub.

Why cant people reply constructively to a thread and if you out to pick a fight rather do it with staff at work or something.

You see that violin thing on your sofa??

Start the 'powerwobble' thing again an I'm gonna have to smack you with that instrument!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow some guys are brutal on The Hub, this poor girl is devastated already that she is out of Ironman 2011 and here guys are ragging her about her time (which she was happy with, all that matters)to what clothes she is wearing. Who cares any sport you do is about achieving your goals you have set out.

If a new comer to cycling had to read this thread it would be hard to convince them that there are some nice people in the sport. Luckily i met a whole bunch of nice people when i started doing triathlons and Ironman events before reading some of this crap you people come up with on the hub.

Why cant people reply constructively to a thread and if you out to pick a fight rather do it with staff at work or something.

You'll always find critisism, but the worst of some comments are those who reply that shes not the brightest or a dumb blonde. What is all that about, you've tested her Iq? Been in school with her... :huh:

post-4329-0-64858500-1300283193.jpg

I'm sorry, but if you cycle around looking like this, you need to be punished.

It's like wearing a t-shirt and a poster saying "please note that i'm a cyclist"!

Hahaha! loving this thread!

"like the wheels into the pavements, so are the posts on our Hub"

Ah so very little has changed :thumbup: but some pratts still cohabit here, ah well it takes all sorts I guess :rolleyes:

Shouldn't you be training :thumbup:

Shouldn't you be training :thumbup:

A bit late now mate :rolleyes: just some easy riding .... enjoying Rietvlei! No Wendels revenge for now :D