My stolen bike coming past in the Argus!!!???

Silverback Ru

If you reported the crime originally then you've got a case number, so phone the detective who's handling the case, meet with him and hand over in writing everything you can; the details of the guy riding past, any and all details of the bike. Pester the detective at least once a week until action is taken.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that I have been wanting to ask.

If you saw the guy go past, why did you not do something about it then ?

There would have been loads of people, you could have chased him down, and got all the details.

Why come on here to look for info ?

If you know about cycling you could have taken this up with PPA, the police etc.

I cant get my finger on it - but something is not sitting right.

You are right, something is not sitting right!

Yes there are loads of people and I got all the details I could taken it up with the police and PPA/organisers.

FYI casenumber 123/11/2010. I wanted to give the Police the benefit of the doubt before I took matters into my own hands, sure I could have stopped the guy and confronted him right there. Unfortunately the police rather sit "chest in stammak out" than to serve and protect!

Thanks to guys like you SA has a crime problem at present.

Thanks to all fellow hubbers that tried to help, got the guys name and details...

Fully, I have even thought that the entire topic is bogus.

Maybe you and Slowbee should get together and then he can put his finger on your dangle?????

Maybe you should not try to think at all if you thought this topic is bogus?

Yes there are loads of people and I got all the details I could taken it up with the police and PPA/organisers.

FYI casenumber 123/11/2010. I wanted to give the Police the benefit of the doubt before I took matters into my own hands, sure I could have stopped the guy and confronted him right there. Unfortunately the police rather sit "chest in stammak out" than to serve and protect!

Thanks to all fellow hubbers that tried to help, got the guys name and details...

good luck hopefully the bike returns home

Good for you,let us know what happens

Guest coenie

Maybe you and Slowbee should get together and then he can put his finger on your dangle?????

Wow....I thought you wanted some assistance from the hubbers...now you are getting personal?

If you wanted assistance, you could have said in your post that you are not accusing the guy riding the bike as the thief...and that you would like to get hold of him to ask him if he is aware that he might have stolen property in his possession. etc.

Do you want assistance or are you looking for a fight on the hub? If you are looking for assistance PM me and I can get you the PPA chairman email address / phone number. Give him a call, tell him that you would like to inform said cyclist of POSSIBLITY that he has stolen property.

Posting said cyclist number etc on the interweb is not really cool in my eyes...if I bought a bike from a friend and did NOT know it was stolen...I would not mind if you contacted me.....but if you or other hubbers post my pic on the web and start making assumtions well that is another story.

Getting personal with guys like Slowbee and Dangle? I suggest you sod off and go fight your own fight, somewhere else. You are making enemies very quickly.

Chuck that book, the one written by Chuck Norris.

"How to insult people and make enemies"

Anyway, you sound like an old hubber who joined the forum under a pseudonym just so you can practice what you read.

So yes, your entire thread is bogus and there is no such thing as a stolen bike, case closed.

This is for you :

http://itsjustpicturs.webs.com/troll%20food.png

Silverback Ru, you have been warned before. Stop getting personal.

Wow, but you guys (and girls) are thin skinned ! The moderators are just as much to blame in some cases. I would like to think someone calling my topic as bogus as pretty personal, but wouldn't blow my top off like others about it and go cry to moderators.

You are all cyclists after all, you should be tougher than this?

I suggest everyone count to 10 before they reply to a "perceived" personal comment. The temper of the Irish ...

Edited by Topwine

Wow, but you guys (and girls) are thin skinned ! The moderators are just as much to blame in some cases. I would like to think someone calling my topic as bogus as pretty personal, but wouldn't blow my top off like others about it and go cry to moderators.You are all cyclists after all, you should be tougher than this?

I suggest everyone count to 10 before they reply to a "perceived" personal comment. The temper of the Irish ...

Thanks topwine, I agree!

Wow, but you guys (and girls) are thin skinned ! The moderators are just as much to blame in some cases. I would like to think someone calling my topic as bogus as pretty personal, but wouldn't blow my top off like others about it and go cry to moderators.

You are all cyclists after all, you should be tougher than this?

No dispute with you there .

Had the OP handled the topic with a more open attitude, I might have actually believed him.

Instead the impression that I got was that we have just another "fight picker" a troll if you wish, I don't ask people for help and then slap them on the back of the head.

But if my attitude stinks, let me apologise right here right now.