My stolen bike coming past in the Argus!!!???

Silverback Ru

What are the odds? After a housebreak in Nov 2010 my roadbike along with a list of other belogings including my car was stolen.

Car was found and returned to me after extensive damage. Long story short, after amost forgetting about the whole incident and doing the Argus on my MTB with slicks quess what comes riding past me? My stolen bike, same bottlecages, same tyres, groupset, not even the bartape was changed!!!!!

Got the guys racenumber, but I was so shocked, didn't try to get his name or any other info. His startgroup was KK. The police are so useless, went to them with pics of me last year on the bike as well as the "new owner" on it this year.

They dont seem to give a damn, my question is, how do I get the guys name and info so that I can go and pay him a visit myself???

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good eyesight to identify your bike out of 40,000

Well, I think you need to get JOHNEY BRAVO to sort him out.

Popeye sounds like I could use your help? :-)

Imagine those odds? Couldn't believe what I was seeing!

If or when you get the dudes name and address , before you panel beat him make sure he didn't buy "your" bike from a pawn shop or cash crusaders. The majority of stolen bikes land up at either of these two places.

I would hope the race organisers wouldn't give out my personal details.

if there is crime involve why not?

They can give my details out if I had to cycle on a stolen bike I bought from X to help catch X to not steal more bikes...

If or when you get the dudes name and address , before you panel beat him make sure he didn't buy "your" bike from a pawn shop or cash crusaders. The majority of stolen bikes land up at either of these two places.

He is in possesion of stolen property. He has a yellow racenumber i.e 10 plus Cycle tours he should know better, deserves anything and everything coming his way!

FYI, he can now also be charged with breaking and entering as whel as vehicle theft, so if he bought it somewhere he better come clean or he might get charged for all the other offences as well....

I have had 2 bikes stolen now. my motto is klap first ask questions later. I cant wait to see either of my bikes on the road.

Was he going to fast to catch him?

If you have a photo of him on your bike post it and i am sure someone will know him and get him to do the right thing.

Well if he rode past you with your stolen bike I think your bike is in better hands than it was before going quicker!! :P

You will probably need a court order to obtain that info from the Organisers, go speak to a legal aid clinic like the one at UCT for free advice

Inform your insurance company and they'd get the ball rolling

Don't they publish the results - number, name and time?

Get the name, cross reference with phone book. You can approach the person yourself which may be dodgy if he actually stole your bike or you could lay theft charges with all the details. Probably lay the charges - it isn't up to you to decide his guilt. There is a legal system for that.

Yes - he may be innocent but the law protects you too and the inconvenience that he may go through is one of those small prices.

If insurance paid out then the bike belongs to them - maybe you could let them know and have them pusue their recovery