My stolen bike coming past in the Argus!!!???

Silverback Ru

he probably bought it - but you need to find the source to stop the viscous circle and more bikes going missing

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant find that number on actionphoto....u sure its correct?

i just fount it so yes it is correct. guy wearing a blue helmit.

He is in possesion of stolen property. He has a yellow racenumber i.e 10 plus Cycle tours he should know better, deserves anything and everything coming his way!

FYI, he can now also be charged with breaking and entering as whel as vehicle theft, so if he bought it somewhere he better come clean or he might get charged for all the other offences as well....

dude, think a bit before you post.. if he bought it from someone (who could have even sold it over The Hub) how is he to know it's stolen property??? get the facts before you make assumptions!!

Guys... be careful here. NOT such a good idea placing pics all over the Hub of someone who might have bought the bike legitimately from the person who stole it. Yes, possesion of Stolen property is an offense, but wow, you cant go posting pics of the guy on a public forum. Find the correct channels and use them. I would be F*****ed off if someone placed pics of me on an open forum and I would definitely seek retribution and legal action against such person.

Just my 2c worth.... Dont want any of my fellow hubbers getting into hot water over this...

dude, think a bit before you post.. if he bought it from someone (who could have even sold it over The Hub) how is he to know it's stolen property??? get the facts before you make assumptions!!

You get your facts straight, the buyers responsibility and the buyer takes the risk if it was stolen property you idiot!

I would hope the race organisers wouldn't give out my personal details.

If he can prove its a stolen bike, via argus video footage, is a simple case of getting the organizers to supply the contact details for that race number to the SAPS so they can do an investigation. If he is right he gets his bike back if he is wrong well some poor unsuspecting bike owner with the same setup might be slightly peeved.

Guys... be careful here. NOT such a good idea placing pics all over the Hub of someone who might have bought the bike legitimately from the person who stole it. Yes, possesion of Stolen property is an offense, but wow, you cant go posting pics of the guy on a public forum. Find the correct channels and use them. I would be F*****ed off if someone placed pics of me on an open forum and I would definitely seek retribution and legal action against such person.

Just my 2c worth.... Dont want any of my fellow hubbers getting into hot water over this...

Absolutely :thumbup:

Poor guy might have picked up a sweet deal at the local Cash Crusaders and the next thing he finds himself at the centre of a manhunt with a lynchmob on their way...

Maybe the poor oak bought it,don't think he would ride with a stolen bike and let himself be photographed while riding it!But then again I have seen stupider people in my life

Edited by Wil6

You get your facts straight, the buyers responsibility and the buyer takes the risk if it was stolen property you idiot!

10 posts on The Hub and you are already calling someone an idiot?? you are treading on dangerous legal ground here, if that guy on the bike gets wind of this post he has grounds to sue! just a thought!

good luck with getting your bike back!

To be honest if i bought a stolen bike i would want to know about it.

That looks nothing like the standard bikes did. ;)

10 posts on The Hub and you are already calling someone an idiot?? you are treading on dangerous legal ground here, if that guy on the bike gets wind of this post he has grounds to sue! just a thought!

good luck with getting your bike back!

What grounds? No-one has accused him of anything? And if it's illegal to post the pic of him, then all those semi-clothed females that pop up on these forums quite regularly should be making millions off suing everyone around the world! (Disclaimer: I don't know the actual law, but logic IMO says unless you are actually being defamatory about the guy then it's all above board, albeit a little unethical)...

As someone has mentioned, it is illegal to buy stolen goods so it would be up to him to justify that he wasn't aware of it or had no reason to believe it was stolen (assuming it can be proven that it is actually the OP's bike which might be difficult without serial numbers).

Edited by Edge_Design

Was definately not stock standard, that I can assure you! Saddle (Yellow and black Selle Italia)

I have a whole list of unique things about the bike!

Do you have the serial number though? Similarities are hardly conclusive proof. Serial number or go cry somewhere else.

agreed, probably not a good idea to post a photo .... yet anyway.

You cant really buy stolen goods legitimately, can you? Even if it was sold to Cash Converters and he bought it there, it still remains stolen goods.

What grounds? No-one has accused him of anything? And if it's illegal to post the pic of him, then all those semi-clothed females that pop up on these forums quite regularly should be making millions off suing everyone around the world! (Disclaimer: I don't know the actual law, but logic IMO says unless you are actually being defamatory about the guy then it's all above board, albeit a little unethical)...

There you go. You clearly don't.