Formula 1...

'Dale

At least mrs. Raikonnen gave a classic response!  ;)

Absolutely savage response yes :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Meanwhile, you guys seen the video showing Seb was the only driver in the last 10 laps to keep the DRS wide open through turn 2. BIG BALLS indeed as he says.........

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely savage response yes :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

Meanwhile, you guys seen the video showing Seb was the only driver in the last 10 laps to keep the DRS wide open through turn 2. BIG BALLS indeed as he says.........

Great response that. 

Link to the video please - couldn't find anything.

I see Lewis has backtracked on his initial comments, and now accepts it was a racing incident. Heard nothing from Merc, but I see Arrivabene was rather scathing towards them, and especially James Allison

Great response that. 

Link to the video please - couldn't find anything.

I see Lewis has backtracked on his initial comments, and now accepts it was a racing incident. Heard nothing from Merc, but I see Arrivabene was rather scathing towards them, and especially James Allison

The whole setup at Merc is wrong. The driver sits with all the power and is above the team. When he does well the team is praised, when he doesn't he cries like a baby and the team must grovel and apologize. Its just wrong. He will never leave either because he knows in any other car he may win but not as consistently due to the Merc advantage. They are struggling a bit now but not because Ferrari has leaped ahead but more through their own errors.

And I know I may be biased because I really, really dislike Lulu but its plain to see surely........

I really tried attaching the video but it keeps bombing out saying I am not allowed to, he was shutting through Turn 1 momentarily before opening for T2. Impressive stuff. Everyone was doing similar in Quali but to do it in the race on used tyres. Impressive. Video is on the F1 Scuderia Fans FB page somewhere.........

At least mrs. Raikonnen gave a classic response!  ;)

Post the race, Raikkonen's wife posted a message on her Instagram story: "If you cry like a girl when you lose, do ballet."

Mercedes Pit after the F1 GP on Sunday:

post-3699-0-94096100-1531292843_thumb.jpg

The whole setup at Merc is wrong. The driver sits with all the power and is above the team. When he does well the team is praised, when he doesn't he cries like a baby and the team must grovel and apologize. Its just wrong. He will never leave either because he knows in any other car he may win but not as consistently due to the Merc advantage. They are struggling a bit now but not because Ferrari has leaped ahead but more through their own errors.

And I know I may be biased because I really, really dislike Lulu but its plain to see surely........

Let's not forget that when he left McLaren everyone said he was money hungry and will never win again as Merc couldn't buy a win even though they had Schumi & Rosberg. In his 1st season he won the Hungarian GP and in his 2nd & 3rd he was world Champion. Much like Schumi when he moved to Ferrari from Benetton, Lewis has had a major role to play in building up the Merc team and therefore has a lot more power to voice himself than other drivers do, even though he has become his own worst enemy as of late. 

Let's not forget that when he left McLaren everyone said he was money hungry and will never win again as Merc couldn't buy a win even though they had Schumi & Rosberg. In his 1st season he won the Hungarian GP and in his 2nd & 3rd he was world Champion. Much like Schumi when he moved to Ferrari from Benetton, Lewis has had a major role to play in building up the Merc team and therefore has a lot more power to voice himself than other drivers do, even though he has become his own worst enemy as of late. 

I hear you but the Mercs at the time were not a mile off the pace.

I would imagine Lulu was privvy to the hybrid tech which Merc had up their sleeves going forward or he would not have signed. Plus he may have been driving for Mclaren (Merc engined remember at the time), but he has always been a Merc driver, groomed by them from his carting days already.

I agree too.The big question would be which circuits do you drop.

I would drop:

Austria - its just too short for decent quali without traffic issues and the race gets stretched very quickly too.

Paul Rickard - its a test track, not a race track.

ANY AND ALL street circuits - shoot me now but this includes Monaco thats only there for the cheque they give the organizers. All of these tracks make for crappy racing.

Silverstone - Only because I would replace it with Donington so that not really dropping a track.

Interested to hear other opinions.........

The other point of discussion is giving points down to 15th place which I do not agree with. Yes 6 points places are generally taken by the top 3 teams race after race but rather make the playing field even than award "attendance"points basically!!!

Bahrain

French (unless they change the venue)

Hungarian

Singapore

Russia

Abu Dhabi

The only new venue I really like is Baku

Edited by Baldrick

Bahrain

French (unless they change the venue)

Hungarian

Singapore

Russia

Abu Dhabi

The only new venue I really like is Baku

I really dislike Baku so we differ there, also on Bahrain. Really enjoy the track..........

The rest I can agree on.

BTW, see there were rumours of Chase Carey (head honcho at FIA) inspecting Kyalami over the weekend. The track also put up a teaser last month of a big announcement. Really, really hoping it is what I think it is based on that information!!!!!!

BTW, see there were rumours of Chase Carey (head honcho at FIA) inspecting Kyalami over the weekend. The track also put up a teaser last month of a big announcement. Really, really hoping it is what I think it is based on that information!!!!!!

Carey is the head honcho of F1, not the FIA. Kyalami as far as I know does not have the required homologation for F1, but can host F2. AFAIK.

Carey is the head honcho of F1, not the FIA. Kyalami as far as I know does not have the required homologation for F1, but can host F2. AFAIK.

Correct of the F1 vs FIA. Oops.

I also read they are not F1 compliant, lack of run off area issues I believe, but why would he be here sniffing then. Perhaps to see what needs doing to be compliant?

Can't see them only bringing F2.

The other option is possibly a return for WSBK or heaven forbid MotoGP. Now wouldn't that be something.........

Correct of the F1 vs FIA. Oops.

I also read they are not F1 compliant, lack of run off area issues I believe, but why would he be here sniffing then. Perhaps to see what needs doing to be compliant?

Can't see them only bringing F2.

The other option is possibly a return for WSBK or heaven forbid MotoGP. Now wouldn't that be something.........

I do like Monaco's large run off areas :clap:

FIA have always wanted Africa in the championship so that they have all the continents covered. Although the south pole GP could be an issue. Kimi would love it.

I do like Monaco's large run off areas :clap:

FIA have always wanted Africa in the championship so that they have all the continents covered. Although the south pole GP could be an issue. Kimi would love it.

Chuckled at that one.

I don't see any other track close to being able to host F1 besides Kyalami.

Is there not a new Finnish track being introduced???

I would drop:

Austria - its just too short for decent quali without traffic issues and the race gets stretched very quickly too.

Paul Rickard - its a test track, not a race track.

ANY AND ALL street circuits - shoot me now but this includes Monaco thats only there for the cheque they give the organizers. All of these tracks make for crappy racing.

Silverstone - Only because I would replace it with Donington so that not really dropping a track.

Interested to hear other opinions.........

The other point of discussion is giving points down to 15th place which I do not agree with. Yes 6 points places are generally taken by the top 3 teams race after race but rather make the playing field even than award "attendance"points basically!!!

I'd be happy if they drop Monaco