Formula 1...

'Dale

The midfield will in all likelihood again be the main (or only) source of excitement next year unfortunately, with cars mostly staying the same for next year. The 2021 tyre  and aero/floor regulation changes probably won't be enough to shake up the order up front. Hopefully Red Bull, Aston Martin and McLaren (with Merc PU) can start putting Merc under more pressure with improved packages. Also, Red Bull need a better driver alongside Max, as they seldom have options with their strategy, with Max always having to go solo against Hamilton and Bottas.

Agree, this boring Merc dominance must come to an end now, lets hope we see a very competitive season next year.

Edited by aiyaaz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The midfield will in all likelihood again be the main (or only) source of excitement next year unfortunately, with cars mostly staying the same for next year. The 2021 tyre  and aero/floor regulation changes probably won't be enough to shake up the order up front. Hopefully Red Bull, Aston Martin and McLaren (with Merc PU) can start putting Merc under more pressure with improved packages. Also, Red Bull need a better driver alongside Max, as they seldom have options with their strategy, with Max always having to go solo against Hamilton and Bottas.

Would be cool to see Perez with Max.

Ja he is a lot more deserving than a few other guys on the grid. He just doesn't have as much money as some okes Dad's do.

Oh,but he does. Just that he doesn't have his dad owning the team. He has the backing of a large Mexican consortium, so he's still bringing capital. Plus, I think his ambitions are beyond HAAS etc.

Edited by Captain Fastbastard Mayhem

Oh,but he does. Just that he doesn't have his dad owning the team. He has the backing of a large Mexican consortium, so he's still bringing capital. Plus, I think his ambitions are beyond HAAS etc.

Not sure how true it is, but I heard a lot of it goes towards his salary. Major injustice seeing Lance Stroll retain his seat knowing that his daddy loving him is the only reason he wasn't booted. Perez definitely didn't want the backward step of going into a Haas, plus it looks like Haas also wanted a Stroll like investor with Mazepin being signed. I just hope Red Bull are bold enough to employ outside their junior/internal program and sign Perez.

Not sure how true it is, but I heard a lot of it goes towards his salary. Major injustice seeing Lance Stroll retain his seat knowing that his daddy loving him is the only reason he wasn't booted. Perez definitely didn't want the backward step of going into a Haas, plus it looks like Haas also wanted a Stroll like investor with Mazepin being signed. I just hope Red Bull are bold enough to employ outside their junior/internal program and sign Perez.

They got more headaches than that Mazepin money is perhaps worth though.......

When do the 2021 drivers need to be confirmed?

Hamilton, Albon and Kvyat are the only 3 currently in a seat that doesn't have a confirmed driver for next year. Although I would love to see someone else take the Merc seat I doubt Merc will dump Lewis. Albon and Kvyat haven't really done much to shine this year. The Albon seat is obviously the better seat to get.

They got more headaches than that Mazepin money is perhaps worth though.......

2021 hasn't even started and HAAS/Mazepin are already issuing public apologies. This oke is going to be more in the news for the k@k he makes off the track than his results on the track.

When do the 2021 drivers need to be confirmed?

Hamilton, Albon and Kvyat are the only 3 currently in a seat that doesn't have a confirmed driver for next year. Although I would love to see someone else take the Merc seat I doubt Merc will dump Lewis. Albon and Kvyat haven't really done much to shine this year. The Albon seat is obviously the better seat to get.

Not sure when the deadline is, but Red Bull are saying they will announce before Christmas, with Hamilton also mentioning a before Christmas target. I think we've seen the last of Kvyat though, with strong indications that Yuki Tsunoda will be taking the 2nd AT seat alongside Gasly. Yuki is pretty quick, evident in the final Sakhir F2 weekend, bringing home lots of points in qualy, feature and sprint races, but I actually wouldn't mind seeing an Albon/Gasly showdown over a season racing each other in AT next season...

2021 hasn't even started and HAAS/Mazepin are already issuing public apologies. This oke is going to be more in the news for the k@k he makes off the track than his results on the track.

It's been his SOP for a long time already. Russian gangsters, essentially

600+ kW from a 1.5L engine. That's totally mind blowing. But I think they had forced induction. Can't begin to imagine what a handful these things were, even with those enormous rear tyres.