Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Perez said it is his press conference, that these days wins and championships are too dependent on the car you drive. Similar to what Sainz said in a presser last week. At different periods, Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes have had the best car in the field during the last 2 decades and therefore the WCC and WDC. Renault obviously had their stint as well with Alonso as their #1. It shouldn't come as much surprise that Russell, being pretty talented, was able to do a decent job in that Merc. It must suck for him,to have to go back into his usual Saturday scrap to make it into Q2 though! ????

very interesting indeed 

Not surprised that Fangio took top honors 

I was under the impression that it was around 50%

"We didn't look at the data before 1979, for various reasons, but mainly that it becomes harder to define teams the further you go back. The driver effect has declined over time since at least 1980, going from about 30 percent driver in the early 1980s to about 10 percent driver today."

I cried a little when i saw that on the live feed. F1 is so **** these days. Those cars do t even look 15y old. 500kg before fuel and driver. And the sound.....

Ps, it happened at mugello with Mick and the f2004 too, but did you guys see how half the pitcrews and guys like Russel et al were on the pitwall taking videos of it going past? Thats how you know...

post-64325-0-85345100-1607751424_thumb.gif

post-64325-0-15287300-1607751751_thumb.jpeg

Edited by morneS555

So Russell back to being 2.5 second slower.... one week you a potential winner next not so much.

I felt the same when I got upgraded once to Business Class. One week I felt important next not so much.

Alonso did a 1:42.6 in that v10 r25...a car not designed to run those MEDIUM compound Pirelli tires, a car not set up for this track (evident from it running out of gears on the straight)...and a car 15 years old so obviously not running at its absolute zenith of performance.

Thats only 5-6 seconds slower than a 2020 mercedes, the fastest f1 car in history... on soft compound tires in fp2. Im pretty sure a f2004, given a day for setup work, a new v10 engine and soft tires will come within 3 seconds of it.

And then there is the sound.

How many teams have we lost in the name of progress? And how far have we come? Sure the new cars are tech marvels but what did that ad to the show? Nothing.

Id rather watch this v10 running on its own around abi slaapie the whole weekend than watch the race on sunday haha.

Food for thought....

Edited by morneS555

Toto Wolf: "That's a proper car."

Attempted post quali interviews with alonso in the v10 again drowning out anything under 120dB haha

1:40.5

Edited by morneS555