Formula 1...

'Dale

Sad state of affairs when the highlight (for me) was watching to see if Button would finish.

Was hoping to see at least a Mercedes dual at the sharp end...

Perhaps if they did not have to worry about fuel? One rule they can do with getting rid of is the fuel quantity and flow limits.... IMO its not a race when drivers have to back off to conserve fuel

So so true.

Its become a game of managing stuff, not racing. Manage your fuel, manage your tyres, manage your stupid techie on the radio telling you how to set up your car.

Argh, take a pen and scratch out half these rules! 4 power units a year, and you want teams to catch up? Not going to happen.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So so true.

Its become a game of managing stuff, not racing. Manage your fuel, manage your tyres, manage your stupid techie on the radio telling you how to set up your car.

Argh, take a pen and scratch out half these rules! 4 power units a year, and you want teams to catch up? Not going to happen.

And bring back real gear levers and clutches so teenagers have to wait until they old enough to feel what its like to legally drive a normal car....

And bring back real gear levers and clutches so teenagers have to wait until they old enough to feel what its like to legally drive a normal car....

Ouch, take it thats a stab at Sainz Jnr.

I'm pretty sure he could drive a manual car no problem. But I do agree, same as in MotoGP. Take away all assists, TCS, ABS, etc and let them race.

I think it's more a stab at Verstappen... One of the highlights for me was Sainz quite easily ahead of Ricciardo in the "senior team" car!  :whistling:  Until his make-and-eat-your-own toebie pitstop.

Speaking of pitstops, I suspect Kimi is no longer on speaking/grunting terms with his left rear wheel gunner... Unless that was some damage caused by the T1 incident. Because same wheel on both stops...?! Bit funny... Well, or that wheel itself was a bit of a screwball that they could not remove it properly. I did not re-look the episode, but it seemed to me as if he was dropped without them being able to remove the wheel?

In all honesty, though... I recorded it and put it on in the background the afternoon whilst making potjie. 

...In all honesty, though... I recorded it and put it on in the background the afternoon whilst making potjie. 

...and I'm sure keeping an eye on the potjie provided more action.

Perhaps if they did not have to worry about fuel? One rule they can do with getting rid of is the fuel quantity and flow limits.... IMO its not a race when drivers have to back off to conserve fuel

If any thing fuel flow control is getting tighter with the FIA sending comms out that new sensors must be fitted by the Chinese GP that will measure flow all the way from the tank to the injectors. 

Formula 1 had a crazy start.... 

- Geido... forcing a race seat

- Mercs (although I'm a fan) at least a 1.5 sec gap in front per lap.

- Mclaren Honda - #FAIL (can't say more than that)

- RBR wants to quit because the Renault engine moved backwards? 

- Not sure what happened to Alonso... not sure when he'll be back?

- Manor, couldn't put their car together in time for the race!!??@#@##$

- Drivers not allowed to change their helmet design?

- I'm sure I missed out on many others lol

It's become a circus as a result of changing the rules too often. cost cuts, engine changes, fuel, tyres, car weight etc.

- RBR wants to quit because the Renault engine moved backwards? 

Part of why Sainz's performance provided me with such a giggle. In a sister car with a... wait for it... Renault engine! 

Potjie was entertaining - and delicious, thanks Iwan! And tonight's warm-up will be even better. Glad to have been of assistance to all rumbly tummies this time of a Monday. 

BTW, from what I understand RBR is not threatening to quit because of the Renault engine performance, but because of the current rules. Most notably how rules were hanged and things banned when they had the upper hand and the technology advantage.

Now, not only does Merc have a significant advantage (and well deserved, good on them), but from a RBR perspective nothing is being done to alter the advantage as it was in the past. Also, the current set of "cost-saving" rules does not allow anybody to play catch-up.

I have a tendency to agree with them on the last part of this. This is the forefront of technology, allow the guys to develop and improve!

Instead they worry about the paint scheme on a drivers helmet..........

Don't forget the titanium plates under the car. I mean I watch F1 to see cars throwing sparks down the straight.

Don't forget the titanium plates under the car. I mean I watch F1 to see cars throwing sparks down the straight.

You should watch Motogp then. Titanium plates on the leathers at the elbows, shoulders, knees. At the first race in Qatar, night race, it literally looks like a crash but they keep going.

Stunning visuals

Absolutely hijacking this thread now, but what about those Ducati's!!!

Look legitimately fast.

Yip. If their pace is real it's going to be a killer season. Now all we need is Rossi to get up to speed with the R1 and we can have ourselves a true three way battle for the title. 

Suzuki have also looked better than what was suggested before.

And yes, MotoGP is 100 times more entertaining than F1 at the moment. Even last year when Marquez was dominating it was still entertaining.

On Ducati:

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/qatar-washout-sees-ducati-on-top-at-final-motogp-test

Yip. If their pace is real it's going to be a killer season. Now all we need is Rossi to get up to speed with the R1 and we can have ourselves a true three way battle for the title. 

Suzuki have also looked better than what was suggested before.

And yes, MotoGP is 100 times more entertaining than F1 at the moment. Even last year when Marquez was dominating it was still entertaining.

On Ducati:

http://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/qatar-washout-sees-ducati-on-top-at-final-motogp-test

Meh, still don't see Rossi winning another title. Maybe a few race wins.

I can only imagine he must be kicking himself for not sticking it out at Ducati. Oh well, serves him right for trying to prove Stoner was a flash in the pan. Still only 1 rider who has won a championship on a Ducati.

Still think they're all going to trying to catch Marquez this year, again.