Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We went from the best race of the year in Austin to the worst race of the year in Mexico.

The top 6 had lapped the entire field in 30 laps.

Such a weird race. The gap between the top 6 was even massive. Only the top 3 until DR's engine? died were close. The tyres seemed to "slow" the racing down. That grandstand section must be one of the best pieces of a track in the F1 circuit.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

F1 is broken, finished and klaar.

Bernie sold it down the river for financial gain.

I stopped watchi ng earlier this year and honestly don't see myself watching again until they fix the rules. Look at MotoGP, if they could turn it around what is F1's excuse.........

Hamilton joins Michael Schumacher and Juan Manuel Fangio in an elite club of drivers to have five world championships or more.

Enjoyed the duel between Hamster and Kettle.

And, without too much knowledge base with F1, seems like budgets determine who finishes on the podium.  Apples vs oranges.

Hamilton joins Michael Schumacher and Juan Manuel Fangio in an elite club of drivers to have five world championships or more.

Enjoyed the duel between Hamster and Kettle.

And, without too much knowledge base with F1, seems like budgets determine who finishes on the podium. Apples vs oranges.

But he has several more CryBaby of the Year titles than those two.

I know this thread is an anti Lewis one but i beg to differ with you Patch. Vettle cries as much if not more even when he is at fault for crashing into other drivers. 

I know this thread is an anti Lewis one but i beg to differ with you Patch. Vettle cries as much if not more even when he is at fault for crashing into other drivers.

Not sure I was comparing Vettel to Lewis, you did that

A dominant manufacturer with a teammate riding shotgun for you. Seems to be a good recipe. One can argue you need to rise to that position I suppose.

I believe they could fix F1 by changing these 2 rules.

1. FIA supplied and controlled rear wing. (be able to control drag but importantly also have a lot of control over the turbulent air the front car creates. By reducing this cars will be able to follow much closer)

2. Steel brakes and controlled pads. (No more of this exotic 300km/h to zero in 80 meter crap. Lengthen the braking zone, improve overtaking opportunity)

Race car drivers are like sprinters, whether in cycling or track & field.

When things go their way, they smile and wave.

When not, they whine.

there are many issues to F1 and the only way to make it great again is for the drivers to go BALLS TO THE WALL 

none of this save the engine , tyres , brakes , blah blah blah 

it needs to be like when the drivers drove the wheels of the cars .... bu that won't win and then sponsors don't make money 

F1 is business 

Race car drivers are like sprinters, whether in cycling or track & field.

When things go their way, they smile and wave.

When not, they whine.

Some whine more than others, I prefer less whining, in my cycling support too. Sags > Cav

All drivers bitch that they cannot get within a certain distance before they lose down force.

Simple solution

When a car is designed have another car in front of it in the wind tunnel creating turbulence.

Make it mandatory that a car only loses 20% of it's down force when 20m behind the car in front.

You will soon see these mickey mouse fins and barge boards taken off very quickly.

All drivers bitch that they cannot get within a certain distance before they lose down force.

Simple solution

When a car is designed have another car in front of it in the wind tunnel creating turbulence.

Make it mandatory that a car only loses 20% of it's down force when 20m behind the car in front.

You will soon see these mickey mouse fins and barge boards taken off very quickly.

that's what the FIA is implementing next year with the new front wings