Ritchey seatpost

GoatBoy

And being 2nd. hand might not have been a contributing factor here ?

I don't think so it was just a bad design up there imho.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'm dead against carbon on a mountain bike - they're rough, dirty and take a hammering - apart from the worries about it's strength you have to worry about over tightening, scratching, burrs on the seat tube etc.

For what? A few grams saving at a huge price penalty?

It just aint worth it in my opinion.

Personally I'm dead against carbon on a mountain bike - they're rough, dirty and take a hammering - apart from the worries about it's strength you have to worry about over tightening, scratching, burrs on the seat tube etc.

With you there buddy.

Boerbok.. Laat oom jou raag gee.

Vat dit terug. Carbon is nie net gemaak vir ligte outjies. As dit 110kg max wys, kan jy tot 109.9999kg weeg en dit behoort te hou.

Hulle toetse het gewys dat dit (BYV) 125kg KAN VAT, MAAR OM SAVE TE SPEEL MAAK HULLE DIT 110kg. So, daar is genoeg safety ingesit om by die recommended van 110kg uit te kom.

Laastens, Carbon lyk net mooier, daar is seatposts of stems van ander meteriale wat selfs ligter en goedkoper is.

So, dir gaan meer oor die "bling"" op jou bike as die pratiallity.

Maar, eerste, vat hulle default seatpost terug en kry 'n nuwe.

EN LAASTE: Die 110km is jy en jou sakke vol sweets en camelback vol water. Dit is alles deel van jou 110kg max limit

I believe the seat post has been dropped of at Solomon's in Woodmead.

My driver will collect it today and I will have a look at it

Shamus Kreuger

BICICLETTA

0861 242483

I believe the seat post has been dropped of at Solomon's in Woodmead.

My driver will collect it today and I will have a look at it

Shamus Kreuger

BICICLETTA

0861 242483

Shamus! As usual your service rocks*

*yes - this is a shameless plug for Bicicletta - Shamus and Big Al are two of the best in the business.

I see the Ritchie website states that the seatposts and saddles are designed for max 110kg: http://www.ritcheylogic.com/media/File/4531_Ritchey_Saddle_Postengl_07_V2.pdf

Yep, but here's the rubbin dubbin.

I don't know if it works on the same principle as climbing, and ropes, and hardware and S**Y.

But if you weigh 95kg, and you fall, say one meter, your 95kg suddenly weighs a lot more.

Fall further, and you hope to hell the makers of Black Diamond got their sums right!

I'm a light ass 70, and I've bent Ti seat rails in bad landings. DH laddies (the other side>>>) regularly snap alu seatposts.

Methinks your 95kg may have been running on the limits if the carbon engineer did not account for shock loading over a certain weight to impact factor???

I have seen to many carbon seat posts and stems break without any impact.For my own health i prefer aluminium.Thomson Elite seat post and Ritchey WCS 4-Axis Stem and bars.

I have seen to many carbon seat posts and stems break without any impact.For my own health i prefer aluminium.Thomson Elite seat post and Ritchey WCS 4-Axis Stem and bars.

Agreed!

Some of Eldron's unusual reasons for buying Aluminium.

a) Cracks are easier to spot

B) Alu bends then breaks - carbon snaps.

c) Alu is more scratch tolerant than carbon.

d) Alu has better impact resistance.

e) Alu is 10% heavier but 50% cheaper.

f) Alu processes are automated meaning more consistent product - carbon is hand laid.

Always wanted to add carbon seatpost and stem to soften up my hardtail ride,but never trusted it,seen people lighter then me shatter stuff to splinters..Carbon splinters in the durf...:lol:

kinda off topic --

"Just imagine now if that fine Superlogic post of yours had ended up in your doet when it broke?"

LOL "no muppets" u know brendan boddy or kev love by any chance only other 2 people i ever hear use the word "doet".But i thought girls had a "doet" and guys have a "durf".. or is the durf between the chode and the sak...???LMAO :lol::P?!

Always wanted to add carbon seatpost and stem to soften up my hardtail ride,but never trusted it,seen people lighter then me shatter stuff to splinters..Carbon splinters in the durf...:lol:

kinda off topic --

"Just imagine now if that fine Superlogic post of yours had ended up in your doet when it broke?"

LOL "no muppets" u know brendan boddy or kev love by any chance only other 2 people i ever hear use the word "doet".But i thought girls had a "doet" and guys have a "durf".. or is the durf between the chode and the sak...???LMAO :lol::P?!

Looking at your name you don't ride carbon seat posts....