Rant - Cape Town Cyclist

Panini

Loving the ragtop bug in the background :clap:

Excellent - no seat belts though. (I've got a lovely '63 Beetle in Joburg - my Dad's car owned since new). Can we re-introduce spectators in suits? It adds some style to the event,

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes no sense at all, but ok, if that's your opinion. Most of the world's cyclists (& SA's) dont wear helmets and never have.

I dont understand why folk get fixated with this issue.

1st World mentality in a 3rd world reality?!

Excellent - no seat belts though. (I've got a lovely '63 Beetle in Joburg - my Dad's car owned since new). ,

:D Nice one - old VW's are my other weakness !!

Drive em carefully - no airbags either :whistling:

:ph34r: Another forum you might be interested in Aircooled SA

:ph34r: Another forum you might be interested in Aircooled SA

:thumbup: Klaus! Nice! Oh heck, now I've got two forums I have to visit all the time. Thanks for that link!

Helmet = headgear vs. Helmut = german name ............ 1 cyclist vs. 3-4 cyclists

Already comments on this post are busy going off topic very quickly and we have two groups posting - one group that picked up on the different meanings caused by bad spelling and are having fun with it and another group blissfully unaware of it !

Come on guys, lets pick up on the spelling and literacy levels; motorists already hate us, lets not alienate the cycling community any further by portraying us as illiterate !

Haah!

Welcim to The Hub buddy! The Centre for Universal Illitiricy. :lol:

(BTW By The Way, just between you and me/I, HELMUT is the Universally Acceptable description for A Lid here :thumbup: )

Edited by The Drongo

Condoms have a minimal protection on impacts or preventing roasties, however during sex they seem to work quite well when applied correctly. So use it, or don't use it. Everyone's choice.

Once I'll have a daughter I'll surely moer the guys that doesn't use condoms with her. This would make it and indirect choice.

Sorry good chap. Could you say that again in English please, I failed to understand - completely.

You can't quantify a statement like that unless you take the same fall without a helmut, and die. Stupid thing to say.

How is a stupid thing to say, unless you were the person who fell? He had a head injury, which he believes his helmet saved him.

I drive to work.

In my bosses bakkie.

Double cab.

I pass an average of 20 bicycle riders on every dry morning.

Only the cyclists will probably be wearing a helmet.

Thats less than 5%.

I reckon.

Some of the riders are rastas.

I don't know if that counts as a helmet. Debatable.

ever see a rasta try to wear a hardhat? :lol:

+1. I cracked my arse testing my new disc brakes in the front yard. (no helmut - do they make arse shaped helmuts?)

Well that explains arse crack now doesn't it.

Hey all you Cape Town cyclist!

I have seen about 3 - 4 cyclists over the past three days in the morning in the northern suburbs riding without HELMETS! They have their full cycling kit but no HELMET!

Come on guys - practise what you preach and wear those HELMETS! No HELMET no RIDE!

What's the palaver about? They're only Capetonians...

;)