Online Bike Shops - discussions and recommendations

riaanb

Online Bike store rating  

301 members have voted

1. 1. The best all-round online store - pricing, service, range, shipping etc is?

• Chain Reaction Cycles
    • Evans Cycles
    • UK Bike Store
    • Wiggle
    • Pro Bike Kit
    • Parker International
    • Total Cycling
    • Other - Please specify
    • Buycycle.co.za
    • CWC Online

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

www.bike24.com can be added to the top of your list! Prices extremely good and they only use DHL.

Extremely happy with my dealings with them.

www.bike24.com can be added to the top of your list! Prices extremely good and they only use DHL.

Extremely happy with my dealings with them.

Do they use DHL by default? I'm trying to place an order but they don't specify DHL anywhere, just general shipping.

Do they use DHL by default? I'm trying to place an order but they don't specify DHL anywhere, just general shipping.

DHL is the Postal Service in Germany and they bring it to SA. Once in SA, EMS South Africa delivers it. I suggest you use a physical address and not a PO Box.

Ordered Monday 22 June 20h00, Received delivery on Tuesday 30 June at 14h00.

Edited by Aggies

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, sorry for "bombing" this topic post, but I'm very interested in knowing what products in general most of you like buying online (because of convenience or price) and what we could ad to our site that could drive some sales (and happy clients) to our store ?

CFS

Takes forever, but their pricing is spot on.

I have used them a few times, and had nothing but awesome service

Hi Guys, sorry for "bombing" this topic post, but I'm very interested in knowing what products in general most of you like buying online (because of convenience or price) and what we could ad to our site that could drive some sales (and happy clients) to our store ?

CFS

Well, CRC for example, for their variety of products. Unfortunately this wont happen locally.

Things that I normally look at buying are

Grips, Handelbars, shorts, Jackets, tyres(esp 26" they have a huge variety and this someone locally could coin in on) Pedals esp flats, Seats etc.

Unlike here if one looks for say shifters, then all you find is 3 or 4 varieties, whereas CRC would have the entire range

Well, CRC for example, for their variety of products. Unfortunately this wont happen locally.

Things that I normally look at buying are

Grips, Handelbars, shorts, Jackets, tyres(esp 26" they have a huge variety and this someone locally could coin in on) Pedals esp flats, Seats etc.

Unlike here if one looks for say shifters, then all you find is 3 or 4 varieties, whereas CRC would have the entire range

Thanx Eddy for your feedback.

DHL is the Postal Service in Germany and they bring it to SA. Once in SA, EMS South Africa delivers it. I suggest you use a physical address and not a PO Box.

Ordered Monday 22 June 20h00, Received delivery on Tuesday 30 June at 14h00.

Ordered mine on the 3rd of July, was shipped on the 6th, arrived in South Africa on the 11th of July and has been stuck in customs ever since. No number to phone and no update on the progress there. Unfortunately Bike24 is not a viable option for me in future unless they have an option of shipping the entire way with DHL and not having to rely on our unreliable post office + customs.

In comparison, I've ordered from CRC on a Friday morning SA time, and using DHL had the package delivered to my door on Monday at 8am.

Edited by the_mtb

• 1 month later...

Good day all,

I have used so many online shops, not only cycling stuff, and have had some serious awesome service….

My top….shops

For Cycling stuff,

www.kitted.co.za locally made chainrings etc. super nice, priced & speedy delivery. I mostly try to support local shops and fabricators

www.merlincycles.com  UK store, bought wheels from them one Monday morning, the Friday they were on my bike (including a mix up in my address) and I live in the platteland

www.buycycle.co.za is great, even to find out technical issues

www.garminonline.co.za the quickest delivery I have ever experienced

www.dialdbikes.co.za also good service

www.easybike.co.za is great store too